Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to record timelapse video?  (Read 3435 times)

cookindaddy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How to record timelapse video?
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:32:55 PM »

I would like to use my X10 (XC10A) camera to record time lapse video or a series of full frame pics at a selected time interval into a computer directory. I have the X10 RF receiver and the X10 video>USB adapter. I don't want to control the cameras at all, just to take say one pic ever five minutes automatically (adjustable time interval would be great) over a number of hours.

I've been out of X10 for a few years and don't know what the various software does or what I might use to do the simple job I described in the simplest way.

Can anyone suggest what I should use to do this?

Thanks

George

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How to record timelapse video?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »

I would like to ..record time lapse video or a series of full frame pics at a selected time interval into a computer directory.
I have the X10 (XC10A) camera, X10 RF receiver, and the X10 video>USB adapter. I don't want to control the cameras at all, just to take say one pic ever five minutes automatically (adjustable time interval would be great) over a number of hours......to do the simple job I described in the simplest way.

I looks as though you have everything except the software. HOWEVER... whereas you could just buy [say] the Vanguard Software you should look for a deal (like maybe a camera at about the same price... with FREE Vanguard software).

A couple points to concider... you will need (a computer and) a little hard-drive space for storage... 20 gigs I think. Also you said you have "the X10 video>USB adapter".... if you have the VA11A it will work fine on XP... but doesn't have drivers for Vista. If your Video Adapter is a VA12A it can run on Vista or XP but requires a USB2 connection.

That's the bare minimum. I think... I would buy a AHP (Active Home Pro) CM15A interface and software suite.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cookindaddy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »

Thank you.
I have many computers and much storage.
I was hoping for something that wouldn't require purchase of another camera (or software).
Any other ideas?

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »

I was hoping for something that wouldn't require purchase of another camera (or software).
Any other ideas?

You could search the Cnet and Tucows type sites for free software... I always liked the little user-written programs myself. But.. I generally try to keep my responces here to actual experiences when possible.

That is.. in part.. why I recommend the AHP (active Home Pro) and CM15A with the entire software suite ($50). The STUFF it allows a user to do is awesome and it makes a solid foundation for a computer based Home Automation or Security setup.

HA Dave

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »

Wait a sec... there is XRay Vision.... I've even played with that myself. A free download.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.