Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WS467 only works if I call it a TM751..  (Read 7339 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: WS467 only works if I call it a TM751..
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »

If that doesn't work you might try adding a passive antenna to the Eagleeye (9" length of wire attached to the left? side of the unit).  Try searching the forum - I think it was Dave_W who uses these.

Boiler

Yeah, I made dramatic increase in range on a couple Eagle/Active Eye units, but I used 18" wire for a half-wave antenna. Yes, hot glued to the left side (looking at front of detector) which positions it very near the internal single loop antenna, in upper left corner of unit. They work well but the hot glue burnt my fingers...to quote one of the Beatles (George?) "I got blisters on my fingers".

(Pay no attention to me, I jog off on these rabbit trails all the time)  :D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Boiler

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »

Yeah, I made dramatic increase in range on a couple Eagle/Active Eye units, but I used 18" wire for a half-wave antenna. Yes, hot glued to the left side (looking at front of detector) which positions it very near the internal single loop antenna, in upper left corner of unit. They work well but the hot glue burnt my fingers...to quote one of the Beatles (George?) "I got blisters on my fingers".

(Pay no attention to me, I jog off on these rabbit trails all the time)  :D

Hey, I remembered correctly.  That makes it about 1 out of 10 for the week.  Things are looking up.

Oh, and by the way - Ringo!.  Now I'm 2 out of 11.

Boiler

Videonut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

Thanks for the tips. I am using the CM15A antenna mod (18 coathanger taped to antenna) which works well and I have tried a 9 inch coathanger on a motion sensor and it did extend my range to nearly 100' so I'll definetly try that again on the shed sensor 1st.
But for today I'm trying to work through a new problem which is after a motion sensor triggers on I have AHP switch to the nearest camera and record for 2 mins. Problem. in the video it says I have the right camera but it is recording the feed from the last active camera.
All cameras have some sort of macro to switch on/off appliance modules they are hooked to and some macros turn off RF transmiter because they're wired. All the macros work fine when viewing live feeds and switching between them.
The correct macro executes when the record macro runs but as I said the video feed doesn't change properly. This what the record macro is like
Trigger D2(motion sensor on)
Select camera Kitchen
C5 on (kitchen camera tried above Select camera also)
Video Recording Start
delay 2 min
Video Recording Stop

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »

If the appliance module is turning the wireless camera's AC power on and off their is one thing to keep in mind.
By default the camera defaults to on when power is applied. I don't think this is a factor but someting to keep in the back of your mind.

Videonut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I seem to have worked out part of the problem for this wireless cameras recording problem and can now record to the correct camera. I just placed the camera icons for the other wireless cameras in the macro and turned them off.
The new problem is if I select a wired camera that is plugged in through an appliance module "while the record macro is running" only 1  of it's 2 appliance modules (AM486) responds, the responding one turns off the Video receiver. The other appliance module is to turn on the wired camera. It waits until the time delay of the record macro finishes and then it fires. These macros all run from the PC.
Going away for a day so maybe a solution will come to me while on the road.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.