Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What a STEAL!  (Read 6925 times)

Freeman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What a STEAL!
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:23:29 AM »

rofl Okay, very excited here! I went to the city to buy some x10 things to make a "Party Button" (see mod forum) and when I turned up I found they stopped stocking X10 products. I almost cried until I looked in the corner and saw a $10 bargain bin ie $8 american dollars. So I bought for $60 AUS:

2x Bedside Timer Controller
1x Powerflash module
2x 2-Way Interface Module
1x RF Computer Controller
And Lo and Behold!

Climate Control starter kit inc. Wireless Thermostat & RF Receiver

I was stoked! however I didn't get any other parts I needed like light sockets (bayonet) and a remote pad but oh well!

Beggars can't be choosers,

Sam  >!
Eventually my house will control me .......

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: What a STEAL!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »

Cool!

What store?

;D
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Freeman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:27:12 AM »

That would be Bunnings!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:56:06 AM »

I pick up my extra X10 parts at Nick's (an old family owned downtown store). Beside weapons and fuel... Nick stocks ammo, bait, X10, and other things you don't see in most stores. (image attached)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:02:21 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »

Where is Nick's?  I might be interested in a nuclear device if the price is right and the Secret Service isn't a silent partner  rofl
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:49:54 PM »

Where is Nick's?  I might be interested in a nuclear device if the price is right and the Secret Service isn't a silent partner  rofl

Dan, I have plans for making a home made thermo nuclear device by simultainously detonating 10 home made nuclear devices constructed in 10 tank type vaccuum canisters (Hiroshima type "Little Boy") to finally get to fusion. I can email them if you want.  ;D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Freeman

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 09:41:52 PM »

DaveW: You should be careful these days with that sort of talk, I almost got busted for joking about a smart bomb (graphite, copper based) that I had on board a flight......stupid mistake I know, but people are rather etchy.

While on the subject I was going to "fill" this post with an interesting link for a schematic but while searching I came across this and it was certainly a good read http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/aug/06/nuclear.uk [sic] Just say you're from the Guardian!

Would I be too hopeful to assume Nick's is in Perth, Western Australia?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 10:10:05 PM »

....Would I be too hopeful to assume Nick's is in Perth, Western Australia?

yes
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Freeman

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »

Oh darn ..

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »

DaveW: You should be careful these days with that sort of talk, I almost got busted for joking about a smart bomb (graphite, copper based) that I had on board a flight......stupid mistake I know, but people are rather etchy.

I figured most of the readers would know that plans to make a hydrogen device from 10 tank type vacuum cleaners would have to be a joke. But every once in a while the forum gets a question that makes me think the person either did not bother to read page one of the instructions, or they are incapable of putting batteries in a flashlight. So perhaps you are right. But just in case you really want to make one, here are the plans. 

http://twin-peaks-video.com/darkstar/so_you/want%20to%20build%20an%20h-bomb.htm   rofl
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:58:31 PM by dave w »

Freeman

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

Hahahaha  rofl those are the plans I found and somewhat liked, I just thought against posting them! I guess most readers & regulars to this X10 forum are older and hopefully mature enough to know not to swing a bucket of enriched Uranium above your head for 45 minutes  ;)

On a lighter note, anyone have any ideas of what I could hack / do with a Climate Control Starter Kit?

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »

On a lighter note, anyone have any ideas of what I could hack / do with a Climate Control Starter Kit?
Is that the heater module you mount under your existing thermostat to force "setbacks"?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »

Do you think Nick's would have anything to get rid of my friend's old tree stump?  rofl
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Freeman

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 10:26:47 PM »

Do you think Nick's would have anything to get rid of my friend's old tree stump?  rofl

Hi Steven, see http://how2dostuff.blogspot.com/2006/01/how-to-make-thermite.html I have used Thermite to burn out tree stumps before, just when you start the burn place your thermite in a CLAY pot with a hole in the bottom, otherwise it'll go everywhere.

Also when burning out tree stumps keep an eye out on the surrounding tree's it has been known for root systems to burn through setting other trees on fire up to 6 days later. Happened on a control burn out the front of our property last spring.

Is that the heater module you mount under your existing thermostat to force "setbacks"?

Not too sure, company doesn't seem to make this one anymore so info is limited, it has a Wireless thermostat and a RF receiver, so far that's all I know

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »

Thermite is relatively simple, ferric oxide and aluminum particles.  What's hard is finding the magnesium to set off the initial reaction.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.