Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA12A - installed and now, no video  (Read 4266 times)

ernman1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA12A - installed and now, no video
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »

Any help appreciated. I'd junk the system if i didnt' have so $$ much in...long post so be patient, please

Have a mulit-camera system (12). was running fine for a long time on an xp system, 'till the VA11A crapped out. tried to install a VA12A and got no video (window opens but no pix, just video noise...like old-time horizontal hold off in the analog days - screen capture attached). I could see it switch cameras since the window changed, but no image, so some type of signal is getting to the software. There are no error messages.

Next, moved all to a new vista 64-based quad AMD system with all the latest bells and whistles (yes, high-speed usb and 1kw power supply) and did a brand new install. SAME PROBLEM???. Had X10 send me all of the latest updates and drivers and all of the computer hardware is up-to-date as well. Have talked to X10, right!..Have spent hours trying various suggested remedies from various forums. have eliminated any frequency interference issues. Have tried to use a powered hub as well as right into the computer's usb port. system window shows enhanced usb to pci controller and full usb 2.0 support. VA12A shows up in the device manger as does the usb active home usb controller (under the usb listing).

Now, one interesting side note. This is the second VA12A i have tried. Had exactly the same issue with the first one i purchased about a year ago. Only diff is the type of noise in the camera window. so sent it back for a refund. This one is on loan from a friend to see if it will work b4 i soak another $70.00 into this system. I am using a VR36A as the video sender, which i thought might not be compatible but haven't seen anything to support that. and, my friend is too and it works there???

any suggestion???

tks

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: VA12A - installed and now, no video
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »

Are you sure you have them both (Camera and VR36A) set to the same channel (A,B,C,D) ?
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VA12A - installed and now, no video
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »

......... I am using a VR36A as the video sender, which i thought might not be compatible but haven't seen anything to support that. and, my friend is too and it works there???

The VA12A isn't smart enough to know if your using a VR36A... or what. The VA12A is just looking for a video signal. Test the VR36A to make sure it is putting out a good signal (like connect it to a TV). If you have a good video signal try unplugging and then replugging in the USB VA12A... with the computer running.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.