Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help getting AHP to see that my sensor is closed.  (Read 11025 times)

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Help getting AHP to see that my sensor is closed.
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »

Hey guys,

I am having a problem gettin AHP to see that the sensor I have on my garage door is closed. I've installed the sensor numerous times(even replaced it twice) but the module on AHP still reads that the sensor is open. It's not a range issue as I have a RTM75 in my garage. I am only trying to trigger a macro with the opening of my door. I want my laundry room light to come on when the contact is triggered and off when it is closed. ANy suggestions as to how to fix this would be much appreciated.
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Help getting AHP to see that my sensor is closed.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »

What model sensor is it?
The RTM75 Kit looks like a HR12A Palm Pad and TM751. The TM751 will not process any security type sensors. If you are using a DS10A that could be a problem. As the signal would then have to get to your CM15A and we know how most CM15A units have a short range of reception.

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »

Its the DS10A. I have it mounted and when I hit the test button from my garage AHP picks it up. It's maybe 15 feet from the wall of my den to the outer wall of my garage where the sensor is.
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:28:45 PM »

Are you sure the magnet is activating the door switch. You can not separate the magnet from the switch very far when in the in the closed state. You need to check that the magnetic door switch and magnet are operating. Do you have an ohm meter ( multi meter) and a good strong magnet? With door open (door magnet away from the magnetic switch ohm the switch contacts as you hold a magnet very near the switch and then move it away. You should see the switch open and close on the ohm meter. If it does. Check it again by closing and opening the garage door. You should see the same action on the meter.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »

You may want to replace the TM751 with a RR501 transceiver.  The 751 is not polite and will step on X10 signals, the 501 is polite and waits before sending the X10 signals.

You can get the RR501 by itself at Automated Outlet  http://www.automatedoutlet.com/   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.