Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How does the x10 camera work with iwatch?  (Read 16884 times)

tomme12

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How does the x10 camera work with iwatch?
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »

Im confused about the wireless and what is required.   So the wireless camera plugs in a wall outlet and has the dials like "A 7" or something.   But what is that for if the camera is wireless?  Do I still this USB dongle everyone talks about?

Thanks!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: How does the x10 camera work with iwatch?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »

Yes.  The wireless that it refers to is wireless transmission.  You do need an outlet for power unless you get the battery adapter which last about 4 hours. 

The dials that are on the power supplies are for addressing the cameras.  Lets say you have 4 cameras, cam1 would be addressed like c1 and cam2 would be c2, c3, c4 etc...

Only one camera can be on at a time.  So when the software turns cam1 on it automatically turns cam2, cam3, cam4 off.

You need the cameras, a va11 or va12 usb video adapter, some type of transceiver like a cm15 or cm17 etc..., and some type of video receiver vr36 etc...  and then the software to run it on a pc.  If you just want to run it on the tv then you can skip the software and video adapter but you would still need like a remote and transceiver like the tm751 to control which camera you want to view.

It all depends on how you want to view and what you want to do.  If you tell us this information we could help you on the terms of what you would actually need.   ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

tomme12

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »

ok, so I have the CM15a unit connected to my Active Homepro software and running some lights auto/on/off macros stuff.   I have the iwatch license, etc.   I was going to pickup a vk49a-c i saw on craigslist.   

Do I need anything else to make this work?  Ideally, i want to mount this camera to monitor my front door and record it in iwatch and playback when needed.

Thanks much!! appreciate your responses!

hawk1

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »

You will need a va11 or va12 and wireless video receiver to use this camera with AHP.  I found one on craigslist that comes with a video receiver.  This might be the one you have or are going to purchace.  If so just make sure it comes with the video receiver.  Even if it the one you will still need a va11  or va12 video adapter.   ;)

is this the one?  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/1296697003.html

tomme12

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »

Thanks man!  I ended up ordering the following:  XX20A low light camera, VR36A video receiver, VA12A video capture adapter, MS14A motion sensor, and as a free bonus it also includes a Ninja pan tilt base and Vanguard software   For a low low low price of $109...  blah.... but I need to catch who is pulling door handles in the neighborhood when my car is parked in the driveway.

hawk1

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »

No problem.  I hope you have a lot of light on where you want the camera.  Even though it says low light, you still quite a bit of light to see anything at night.   ;)

tomme12

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »

yeah, I have flood lights that light up my driveway pretty well.   The camera will be pointed right there.

hawk1

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »

Cool.  Good luck in catchin the creeps!   8)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.