Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP stops repsonding?  (Read 2558 times)

jcazz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP stops repsonding?
« on: August 11, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »

Hi All -

I've been running AHP 3.228 with the CM15A for about a week now and have been generally happy.  I've had a few odd issues I've been tracking down, and I'm waiting on an XPCR to arrive to (hopefully) help resolve a coupling/signal issue.  But otherwise happy.

I came home tonight to a dark house.  No lights were on and when I got in none of my remotes would work.  I checked the PC and it was up and running with AHP running, I could even see RF events trigger in the software, but nothing appeared to be relayed to the house wiring. 

Puzzled, I hooked up a spare TM751 and tried again.  I could enter A1 and hear the relay click, but no other modules would respond.

I tried unplugging the CM15A and removing the batteries - no dice.

I cleared the memory and reloaded it - no dice.

I restarted the AHP software and it still didn't work.  Then, about 5 minutes after restarting the AHP software I saw a flurry of activity and hear several appliance modules around the house go "click...click...click" and everything appeared to be working again.

So what the heck happened?  Is this common and is it software or the CM15A? 

The only thing different I can think from the past week is that I left the activity monitor screen up last night after testing and before I exited and restarted AHP there were almost 3000 lines on the screen.

Any ideas what I can do to track this down and mitigate it?  Needless to say the WAF was very low tonight!   :'

Thanks in advance!
Jacob

jcazz

Re: AHP stops repsonding?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »

PS - I did check the hardware config to make sure all the proper housecodes were set to transcieve!

Thanks,
Jacob

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »

Puzzled, I hooked up a spare TM751 and tried again.  I could enter A1 and hear the relay click, but no other modules would respond.

If A2 -A16 could not be controlled when you were using the TM751 then the problem is not (just) the CM15A.
When you say there were 3000 lines on the AHP screen, what did the lines say??? do you have a stuck button on an X10 remote some where?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

jcazz

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

If A2 -A16 could not be controlled when you were using the TM751 then the problem is not (just) the CM15A.
When you say there were 3000 lines on the AHP screen, what did the lines say??? do you have a stuck button on an X10 remote some where?

It was general status messages (I have a few motions) and other on-off commands.  Nothing looked out of place and it didn't look like a firestorm of commands.

I agree, it was very odd that the TM751 wouldn't control anything either.  Nothing changed between the time it wasn't working and it was (as in, no appliances were switched on or off, etc.) so I don't think there was a source of any abnormal noise on the lines.

Not sure what caused it - just curious if it was a common thing or not?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »

Any X10 repeater couplers in the mix?
If so what band and model.
There are some that are known troublemakers with the CM15A.

jcazz

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »

Any X10 repeater couplers in the mix?
If so what band and model.
There are some that are known troublemakers with the CM15A.

not right now. I am going to install an XPCR to solve a coupling issue, but I haven't received it yet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.