Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help Record with SDK  (Read 9360 times)

Videonut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help Record with SDK
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »

Hopefully someone can help me out.
I'm not really fond of the AHP record feature. It has a tendency to flake out doing things like losing the codec, corrupting random recorded files, etc.
El34 posted his video capture program which has the needed code to record from a video capture card BUT it doesn't allow you to get the dialog box that has the inputs and actual video capture devices. To be clearer in my case it show Micosoft WDM capture which I think would be like the capture codec, but what I need is to be able to pick my Haupauge card or the Va12A capture adapter and then the input, s-video, composite etc.
I would like to be able to hard code all this info into my program.
I tried Tuiceman's PC Companion and see that he figured out how to select the proper sources.
I'm also curious about sending a command to AHP newest version, to start recording. I have a macro that I can call to start recording but I was wondering if there is a PLC or RF command to do it directlt without a macro. I searched the old threads and found
ActiveHomeObj.SendAction("sendrf", "C6 record", "1", "1") which should start recording Cam6 but it doesn't work for me.
Anyhow, look forward to any help I can get.
Thanks

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Help Record with SDK
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:46:16 AM »

I don't know about programming but if you can't figure it out you might want to try a program called Blue Iris.  You can trigger the recording by a AHP macro.  You can use about any kind of camera you want, IP, Analog, Webcams.  They have a 15 day trial. Like you I was upset about the way Iwitiness handled video so I checked out Blue Iris and never looked back.

here's the link:  http://www.blueirissoftware.com/
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Videonut

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion. Not exactly what I'm looking for but certainly a possibility if all else fails. Looks like a slick program, might check it out for my warehouse where I use webcams for security. Actually nabbed a thief with them and active webcam.
How do you trigger Blue Iris recording with a macro?

hawk1

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

It has a command line trigger that you can write a batch file and then use that in your macros.  It also has several commandline commands(enable, disable, trigger, startrecording, stoprecording)  Try it out!  It is a pretty slick program for the price.

the forum is here: http://www.cam-it.org  if you want to read up on it.  look for bicommand
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:16:56 PM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

EL34

• My X-10 projects
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »

I am still using that video program.
Although I have modified it way more then what I originally posted.

Not sure how to show all the available video capture devices.
The video code section I used was taken from the web.

Mine only shows my WDM video capture card.
It does not show my va11 even though it is plugged in and working.
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

Videonut

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »

El34, the code you use looks perfect for my application. I'm even thinking about using the mux you got too, and those sensors look like they'd be a lot of fun to have. FG only has mux boards with parallel port control and I don't have a parallel port so that might be a problem. I've looked into a board that will show all video feeds at once, it has 400 fps capture ability, so 6 cams could do 30 fps each.
Just not sure if it's compatible with my chipset. So if I put a fg mux in and a parallel port board I will probably need your help with the switching.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26222
But until I get some code to pick the sources TV, svideo, composite etc, I'm kinda stuck. I've even tried MSN developer forum, that you suggested to someone in another thread, but even there I can't find a thread that helps.
I'm hoping Tuiceman will pop in and help out, because he definitely has it figured out in PCCompanion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:37:49 PM by Videonut »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.