Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IN wall keypads  (Read 12694 times)

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
IN wall keypads
« on: September 19, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »

Does any one have any insight on the in wall keypads howcome AHP has no divice in list what would be the best phantom device to use these for scene setup with macros and such or are these things really that new.. newbie 
 Jeff I hope your not upset with me. UL and all just being carefull with my license and I am not sure what devices I want to push and stand behind when installed for someone else   I   SURE respect your experience and  contributions to this community  thank you for all Ive learned so far .   
M M ElectricMan

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: IN wall keypads
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »

Does any one have any insight on the in wall keypads howcome AHP has no divice in list what would be the best phantom device to use these for scene setup with macros and such or are these things really that new.. newbie 
yes what do you want to know they are transmit only devices don't know but perhaps because they are considered a controller and are transmit only AHP does not list them as a module Mini and Maxi controllers are not shown in AHP either don't understand phantom device part your macro would be triggered by one of the four sequential unit codes the wall keypad can output no they have been around under the Leviton name for a couple decades
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Mellowmark

• M M Electric
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 06:47:48 AM »

So I don't need to program them into AHP just install and set up macro.  Or use as switch for the modules.  I will be using as scene controller in living room..  I just was going to have all devices in program if it would help keep track of everything.   Thank you
M M ElectricMan

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55:06 AM »

The switch could control the modules directly; if on the same address as the switch or you could pick an address to trigger a macro and not have the actual modules on the same address.
A scene most likely would use a address to trigger it and not directly address the modules.

AHP does not need to know controllers only and that maybe why they are not listed in the program.

If you had modules that can be a controller, a responder, or both. Then the case maybe different.

Mellowmark

• M M Electric
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 07:24:38 AM »

Do you know if the one from leviton are the same as the x10 pro ones. Besides the little led lights on them. The price sure is different. 
M M ElectricMan

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »

Not sure on them being the same or close.
Some Leviton Devices have extra features that their line of modules can use.
I do know; we have seen messages here; from happy users of the X10Pro wall transmitters.

joako

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »

I wish there was some balance between the XPT and e.g. SS13A. The XPT is too big... very hard to replace a switch with it. The SS13A will not replace an existing traditional  hardwired switch because the faceplate is part of the unit. INSTEON claims X10 compatibility but I believe e.g. SwitchLinc will only recieve X10 signals you can not set a button to send one.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »

An Insteon or Icon wall switch with an added X10 Primary Address. Does send an X10 on and off when locally controlled by the paddle.
The difference is with a dim or brighten paddle action. It does not send the normal string of X10 dim or bright commands. It sends a %dim command when the paddle is released. X10 modules do not respond to a %dim command.

Mellowmark

• M M Electric
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »

Well I finally had enough time and the wife is calmed down. I installed my xpt controllers today. I got the pro ones from eBay.  They are nice, work real sharp when you press on they take the soft start lamp modules right up to full on, then you can dim them.   I have a nice spot in my living room where I have two 4 button units right next to each other. One with dimmer to control the lights directly. Then I am going to program macros and presets for the other four on off bottons.  So far so good.  the nice thing is the gang will have local control with out turning off the lamps on the lamp moduals this should help the assimilation.   cool stuff  :)% :)% :)%  I really can  learn to love this stuff little by little.
M M ElectricMan

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.