🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Wish List

When is an upgrade to AHP going to happen

<< < (11/11)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: ErikP on December 13, 2010, 10:27:51 PM ---I was just concerned you meant the more recent software is broken on XP

--- End quote ---

I haven't tried the newer versions on my setup. I would like to get a new android phone as well as upgrade my HA PC. But for now I have a 12 year old former 98 P2 PC [now running XP] that has been running 24/7 for the last four years running my home setup. I have another old dust collector just waiting to take the old PC's place. So for now... I haven't made much in changes.

ErikP:
Good news on 2 of these fronts.

I just got done speaking with the web guys.  Starting Monday they are going to start adding release dates (for builds where we still have records of the release dates) to the version history, and future releases will have dates on them.

This may take a bit longer since there is a lot of anchor tags to type out and test...  but they said they will also start adding links the older installers in the version history page.  A small disclaimer though...  a few of the installer files are no longer hosted, so the initial release of ActiveHome PRO for example, 142, will not be available.  Also we have to keep the economical operation of our servers in mind so there may, someday, arise the need to retire some of these versions.  We will give you some notice before we take down access and retire those links.  I don't think we will need to retire anything for the foreseeable future though.

Are there any other specific version you want us to make available?  I know Dave wants 228, but I can give the web guys a list of builds to make available at a higher priority than the rest if you have preferences.

Dan Lawrence:
I'm using 3.310 as everything following is buggy.  When will the programers use what's in 3.310 as the starting point?  3.310 seems to be the 21st Century version of 3.228 that was in the end of the 20th Century.  A version that doesn't drive users crazy.  X10 and AHP are best when you set it up with modules and timers and AHP does the rest.

tgibbs99:
I am calling on X-10 to make the AHP software, which currently quite bug-ridden, open-source, so the user community can fix and improve it.  Please let x-10 know you support this plan.

Tim

Dan Lawrence:
Since X10USA is a corporation I doubt it will never be open source.   If a new version (post 3.318) is based on 3.310 it should be bug free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version