🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Wish List

When is an upgrade to AHP going to happen

<< < (2/11) > >>

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Dan Lawrence on September 02, 2009, 08:11:02 PM ---In other words, a fortune hunter or Ouija board might have a good idea when - maybe.

--- End quote ---

No. I could be completely wrong. But all signs are... that the CM15A and it's software are at (or near) its end-of-days. Profit taking is past.. and clearance may have begun. I won't be looking for any major updates.

dave w:
I think I'm on the same bus with steven r. I don't see X10 changing the CM15A or AHP for a decade or two.   :'

steven r:
This definitely a case where I'd like to be wrong. While I'm generally optimistic on most things, when it comes to X10 a bit of pessimism creeps in from time to time.
Drifting off into dreamland...

I'd love to see a new module maybe a "CM21A" for the 21st century. It would fix all the challenges that the CM15A has. It would have antennas that would receive and send at least 200ft through every common building material. It would have the ability to monitor all the house codes and not just one. Also it would have expanded macro abilities such as the ability to make decisions in the middle of a macro and call macros as sub routines. It could detect a return of power after an outage and trigger a user defined macro...

Ring RING.. Time to wake already? It was such a nice dream. Just a few more minutes... Please...

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: dave w on September 03, 2009, 12:28:19 PM ---I think I'm on the same bus with steven r. I don't see X10 changing the CM15A or AHP for a decade or two. 

--- End quote ---

I don't see the AHP/CM15A being available a lot longer. This is technology... it's lifespan is measured in months... not decades.

Four or five years ago the AHP package with smart macros sold for $100 bucks. Today you can get that (with iwitness and OnAlert thrown in) for $39.99. So... what would that price be in a couple more decades? If forty bucks isn't the clearance price... what would clearance price be? Don't forget... what the purpose of clearance is.

I've already picked up my extra CM15A. But when I think about what could be coming down-the-pike with any new (maybe wifi?) technology interface. I will likely find the money for the new stuff (just like everyone else).

Jsnlong:
I agree with Dave.. In retail the lower price means soon something new is coming but I think this time the lower Price is due to lack of sales. Sale the AHP/CM15A and the new user will buy more modules.

For all you old guys  :' how long was it from AH/cm11 to AHP/cm15

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version