Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: video sender plugged into an s\video port problem  (Read 16483 times)

paulo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
video sender plugged into an s\video port problem
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »

Newbe.
 I recieved the vt46a sender reciever deal
ive been trying to get it to work

I have an asus p5b 775 atx  motherboard. I have a a xfx GeForce 7600 GT pci express video card.
the video card has an s\video port . I tried this to send with the video sender to my tv 25' away. the video does not work but the sound does. I also tried plugging the sender unit into my s\video port on my tv card to see if i could transmit a tv program to my other tv. this does not work either although the sound does work. All I get is alittle distortion when I move the reciever around but nothing like a picture trying to get thru. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PaulO

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: video sender plugged into an s\video port problem
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »

Newbe.
 I recieved the vt46a sender reciever deal ive been trying to get it to work

I have an asus p5b 775 atx  motherboard. I have a a xfx GeForce 7600 GT pci express video card.
the video card has an s\video port . I tried this to send with the video sender to my tv 25' away.

In most cases... you will need to tell the computer to use this setting to send video. If your using a windows system... you can do this through control panel [personalization] or... just right click any unused area on your desktop [to select personalization] and set your video card to display your desired video setting.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

paulo

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »

I never noticed that video adjusting area before . I'll try it out . I forgot to mention that my  red \white audio cables are plugged into the respective rca ports on the computer ( splitter) and on tv. this is a thanks for that info. I'll post results

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »

.. I'll post results

Please do. I am a fan of the video sender/receivers and have used them to send [my] YouTube Videos to my TV from my laptop.

paulo

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:46 AM »

Success. I installed the video card origonally when I built the computer  a year ago so that I could play DOOM . I never did do any  video ajustments that would include the s\video port so as you indicated Dave the s\video port was never intiallized . Its interesting how many things you can manipulate in the video control panel. thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:36:14 PM »

Or what you can mess up in the Video Control Panel.  rofl
Don't ask why I know.  :'

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 03:56:21 PM »

Success. ........ I never did do any video ajustments that would include the s\video port so as you indicated Dave the s\video port was never intiallized .

Thanks for the question! When I set up my laptop so I could send YouTube or even regular Internet TV [code for old StarTrek shows] to my TV... I kinda wondered why I hadn't seen the process questioned at the forum. I am sure your post will help many.

paulo

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »

aint it the truth. Im still not 100 % anyway. I got this far only to notice that seeing my computer desktop on my tv does me no good . the resolution isnt good enough to read anything. I can watch streaming video now but I still have a problem with getting anything to be in color on the tv end. everything in control panel shows ok. Its not as easy as they say unless your a real wiz at this stuff

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.