Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Send Video/Audio from Satellite Receiver to Hauppauge Computer Card  (Read 9247 times)

jmduncan205

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have my own PVR setup (media computer) in one room of my house and I have a DISH satellite receiver in another room about 60 feet away. I want to send the video and audio from to the output of my satellite receiver wirelessly to the input on my Hauppage TV card in my media computer. Will the x10 accomplish this? This is a standard definition color stereo TV signal.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Send Video/Audio from Satellite Receiver to Hauppauge Computer Card
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:01:48 PM »

I have my own PVR setup (media computer) in one room of my house and I have a DISH satellite receiver in another room about 60 feet away. I want to send the video and audio from to the output of my satellite receiver wirelessly to the input on my Hauppage TV card in my media computer. Will the x10 accomplish this? This is a standard definition color stereo TV signal.

Definitely maybe! Sixty feet is more or less at the edge of the sender/receiver range. If that was just sixty feet of air... why would you want wireless... so I will assume there is something between the two points. Things like freezers and refrigerators or other metal obstructions can really suck that signal out of the air (or at least it appears that way). A couple other problems can come from other signals generated in your home on the same 2.4 ghz signal, like [wireless] broadband Internet, and wireless phones. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.