Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is Visonic Acoustic Glass Break Detector Compatible With DS-7000?  (Read 4703 times)

BPSCG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is Visonic Acoustic Glass Break Detector Compatible With DS-7000?
« on: September 05, 2009, 06:27:40 AM »

Just got the DS-7000 system, and installation has gone well.

Thing is, we have a number of fixed-pane windows that the bad guys would have to smash to get in. And we also have several multi-pane sliding windows, having two sliding sections flanking a fixed section. I've looked at the various solutions here, including the one that involves wiring multiple magnetic sensors, and have concluded that for several of the rooms, a wireless acoustic sensor would work best, i.e., a sensor that recognizes the sound of shattering glass and transmits to the DS-7000.

There don't seem to be many of those around, but the Visonic MCT-501 seems to be the best bet. Their installation instructions seem to suggest that you could register it with the DS-7000 so the DS-7000 would recognize it, but they don't say so explicitly. I contacted x10's tech support, and they told me I'd have to contact Visonic.

I sent Visonic an email. Cue sound of crickets chirping.

So, does anyone here know for sure that the Visonic works (or doesn't work) with the DS-7000?

Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Is Visonic Acoustic Glass Break Detector Compatible With DS-7000?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »

Will not work.
The MCT-501 Installation Sheet shows it does not have 310 MHz. as one if its RF frequencies. X10 uses 310 MHz. for its RF signals.
It also has a Transmitter ID: 24-bit digital word, over 16 million combinations; pulse width modulation. That I doubt an X10 DS7000 would accept.

BPSCG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »

Thanks.

Anyone know of any acoustic glass break sensors that will work? She Who Must Be Appeased (aka my wife) won't be happy if we have to have all kinds of wires going all over the place.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:05 PM »

Thanks.

Anyone know of any acoustic glass break sensors that will work? She Who Must Be Appeased (aka my wife) won't be happy if we have to have all kinds of wires going all over the place.

You could use Visonic MCT-501's and a Visonic MCR-304 receiver which supports up to 10 Visonic Powercode / CodeSecure devices by connecting the relay output of the MCR-304 receiver (only one output for all 10 devices) to a hacked DS10A door / window switch.

You would, of course, need a 10.5 - 16 Volt DC @ 32 milli-amp minimum power supply to power the MCR-304 Receiver.

>!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:50:27 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.