Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody Running Active Home Pro & Vanguard  (Read 9058 times)

Ski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Anybody Running Active Home Pro & Vanguard
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »

All,

It took some time but I set up Active Home pro. Got that running and then installed Vangard for a 2 camera system.

Took a lot of fiddeling and got the cameras running. Finally got to connect and finally got to use the remote log in working.

That was the good.

Now, when I ask Vanguard to email me a photo/s when motion is detected, it freezes the computer (Nettop, Atom based unit with XP Home Sp3). After the 3ed freeze without getting 1 email out of it, it then would no longer launch Vanguard at ALL. Then, the system would not load Active Home Pro! NO other programs on the machine, only used for X-10.

I tried to remove the programs and Vanguard would NOT go away! Wound up having to completely reload Windows!!!!!
Any one else having this type of problems? Any ideas on how to fix it? Without the email feature, it's not what I need.

Greg

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Anybody Running Active Home Pro & Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:15:08 PM »

sorry to hear u too got took in by their ads. 

I finally called them got the official word:  VANGUARD AND ACTIVE H0ME PRO ARE NOT MUTUALLY COMPATIBLE!

Ie., you can install iwatch on ahp OR install vangaurd but not both on same computer.  The VA11 or VA12 will onl;y; work with one or the other but not both.  so either keep vanguard and ininstallahp fully then reinstall ahp minus the iwatch model you too paid for, or undelete vangaurd.  Your choice.

Great to have choices, ay?

Ski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Anybody Running Active Home Pro & Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »

Mike,

THANKS for the reply! I was afraid of that! I did not get the IWatch sw yet. I guess I am out more $$$.
  javascript:void(0);

Does IWatch do everything that Vangard is supposed to do???

Greg

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.