Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unintended delays occuring in macros  (Read 9330 times)

jeffbam

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unintended delays occuring in macros
« on: September 12, 2009, 02:02:54 PM »

Hi-- I've recently replaced my old CM11A/ActiveHome with the new CM15A/ActiveHome Pro.  I've re-created my modules and macros in the new software, but have noticed a difference in behavior with the new system.  One of my macros is setup to:

Dim Living Rm lights to -99
Dim Kitchen Lights to -99

With the old system, both light dimed simultaneously, but with the new one, the Living Rm lights dim, then a second or two later, the Kitchen lights dim.  Anyone know why this might be occurring?  The effect was much more "slick" with the old system, I guess I would be surprised if the "new and improved" CM11A can't do this.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Unintended delays occuring in macros
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »

Hi-- I've recently replaced my old CM11A/ActiveHome with the new CM15A/ActiveHome Pro.  I've re-created my modules and macros in the new software, but have noticed a difference in behavior with the new system.  One of my macros is setup to:

Dim Living Rm lights to -99
Dim Kitchen Lights to -99

With the old system, both light dimed simultaneously, but with the new one, the Living Rm lights dim, then a second or two later, the Kitchen lights dim.  Anyone know why this might be occurring?  The effect was much more "slick" with the old system, I guess I would be surprised if the "new and improved" CM11A can't do this.

Thanks for any input you may have.

It's not the CM15A versus the CM11A but the software and to some extent the modules.  Start the Activity Monitor and see what signals are being transmitted.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

jeffbam

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:05:13 AM »

Thanks for the tip Charles.  After comparing the .MAC file from the old software and the .ahx file from the new software, the commands for macros are implemented differently between these two versions of software.

In the old ActiveHome version, a macro might look like this:

J2
J3
J DIM 99%

In the new ActiveHome Pro version, the same macro (translated from xml) would look like this:

J2
J DIM 99%
J3
J DIM 99%

Rather than hacking the xml file, I implemented the macro in the software this way:

Added an Advanced Function step of "Issue an X10 Address" for J2, then add a step to Dim J3 to 99%.  The X10 commands are then issued as follows:

J2
J3
J DIM 99%

... which is exacly how the old software implemented it.

Unfortunately, the macros can only be run from the computer since it uses the Advanced Function, as indicated at the bottom of the macro screen.  Perhaps someday the software will allow downloading these commands to the interface.

thanks again for the pointer.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:32:24 AM by jeffbam »

Boiler

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »

Hello Jeff,

You're correct that the latest version of AHP processes macro commands sequentially.  Earlier versions (3.204) would "group" module commands on the same house code just like the CM11a example you posted.

I for one have backdated to V3.204 because of this and other problems.  Others are using V3.228.

There's a bit more on the subject here: Software Problems Version 3.236

Boiler

jeffbam

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:01:28 PM »

Thanks for the info Boiler.  Hm.. is there a link that I may download v3.204 and/or 3.228?  The link X10 sent me is for v3.236.

thanks again.

Boiler

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 06:23:19 PM »

Jeff,

You can download all of the versions from: AHP Software Versions

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.