Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot control lights using MyHouse  (Read 14330 times)

jeffbam

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cannot control lights using MyHouse
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:32:37 AM »

Hi-- I haven't seen this problem posted anywhere, but I'm hoping someone has some ideas.. I can connect to MyHouse service remotely and successfully logon, etc., but when I click the icons for my units, the toggle switch changes, but the lights do not turn on/off.  The activity monitor does not show this activity either, so it appears the cm15a is not recieving the commands.

I am using v3.236 of AHP.  I don't know if this is a bug in this version or not, but I am using this version rather than 3.204 or 3.228 since the hardware interface screen for those versions do not work for me.  In any case, if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

thanks much.

MANOWAR©

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Your new messiah's me.
Re: Cannot control lights using MyHouse
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 09:16:11 AM »

Hey, apparently it doesn't really work for anyone. A solution I use is TeamViewer.  http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx it's free and I can log into my computer and control everything about the computer not just AHP. It also lets you reboot the computer also so if you have you you can do that and then still log on again.
Lesbians killed the mullet for everyone.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 08:42:13 PM »

Hey, apparently it doesn't really work for anyone. A solution I use is TeamViewer.  http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx it's free and I can log into my computer and control everything about the computer not just AHP. It also lets you reboot the computer also so if you have you you can do that and then still log on again.

Hay anyone else tried this Teamviewer?? and whats that other free remote device controller I've heard about, looking for something reliable to replace My House.

Tom j. 

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:09:27 AM »

I just scanned it but Teamware looks like Yet Another Remote Desktop viewer.
I use VNC to access my Windows PCs remotely.
VNC is free.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »

I just scanned it but Teamware looks like Yet Another Remote Desktop viewer.
I use VNC to access my Windows PCs remotely.
VNC is free.

Hi thanks! got a link I would like to take a look. Wonder why x10 does such a poor job on software???? Hoping AHP works with Windows 7 64 bit plan on getting a 17 inch laptop so I guess I better not get rid of my XP notebook until I know for sure.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.