Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Im lost can someone help..........  (Read 2875 times)

ched0n

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Im lost can someone help..........
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »

I'm lost as lost can be and I need some help...
I want to buy several x 10 wired cameras and send each camera image to one central cpu, now from that cpu I would like to send those images to several tv screens through out the whole house. Im in the reno stage at my house so I would like everything to be behind the walls out of sight can anyone lead me in the right directions as to how I can accomplish this.........

Thanks, Ched0n

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Im lost can someone help..........
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »

B:( I know the answer to this but its not all that great, you will need a few splitter boxes,
 the best option would be into a computer using a pvr hardware/software. Then from there out to TV using X10 wireless video sender or a 30 foot VGA cable, hope that helps out a bit...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:43:30 PM »

I'm lost as lost can be and I need some help...
..... Im in the reno stage at my house so I would like everything to be behind the walls out of sight can anyone lead me in the right directions as to how I can accomplish this.........

Ahh Home renovation!

Today's homes require more wiring than homes have ever required before. Cable (and/or satelite) TV, Closed circuit TV, security sensor hard-wiring, broadband Internet, phone, music, fiber optics (for future use) and of course... regular AC 120 volt electric (and plenty of it).

Look for books on "structured wiring"... or better yet... consult with a professional.

P.S. You might be able to use channel 3 for your cameras... if you modulate it at the cable box.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

evadorev

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »

interesting challenge, but keep in mind that evrytime you use splitters, you lose signal strength and by the way image quality

Good luck
Mary had a little lamp, little lamp, controlled by X10 !!!! (kid song!!)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.