Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mixing X10 Systems  (Read 5140 times)

pipe

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Mixing X10 Systems
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »

I have two different x10 systems one is older (powerhouse i think), and the other is fairly new (works with Vanguard). Will the old (powerhouse) motion detectors work with the new (Ninja) system?

I hooked it (Ninja) up to the old (Powerhouse) detector system. So, will it still take pictures or movies, or should i change over to the new detectors (Ninja).

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Mixing X10 Systems
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »

X10 is X10. But you are talking apples and oranges. "Powerhouse" is X10 power line control (PLC) and RF remote control modules sold by Radio Shark. Radio Shark did not sell X10 video cameras.

"Ninja" is (only) the pan and tilt base with RF remote control for the X10 cameras. So not sure what you are calling "Ninja" since you are describing it like a system. There are no "Ninja" detectors. Visually the "Palm Pad" RF remote control looks like the "Ninja" pan & tilt RF control, but they are not interchangeable.

Old motion sensors use same frequency and codes as new motion sensors.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

pipe

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »

Thanks, I don't know the actual names of the systems, but they are all X10 components. The "Ninja" set that i was referring to is the XCam2 (color/ B&W) and the "Powerhouse" motion detectors are model MS10A. I just found the component box this morning, but just to clarify. They will work together correct?

pipe

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »

Oh and will it work with Vanguard or should I replace the system?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »

Thanks, I don't know the actual names of the systems, but they are all X10 components. The "Ninja" set that i was referring to is the XCam2 (color/ B&W) and the "Powerhouse" motion detectors are model MS10A. I just found the component box this morning, but just to clarify. They will work together correct?
No, sorry but I need to start back pedaling. The MS10A is a motion sensor is designed to interface to the X10 Security system (DS7000 or CM15A w/ On Alert). The MS10 will not directly trigger the operation of a camera (through a tranceiver i.e. TM751, RR501, CM15A w/AHP) like the "xxxxEye" X10 motion detectors.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.