Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please HelP!!!!!!! x10 mods only work in one room...  (Read 7263 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Please HelP!!!!!!! x10 mods only work in one room...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »

After you get your controller. You can move around to outlets and test.

LudeSH01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

good to know....Im really new to x10 equipment.. so ive learned alot so far..

so will that controller act as a transmitter, or just a controller?

for instance, if i were to remove my active home pro box from the wall,  that controller will still work??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 06:26:23 PM »

The Maxi Controller is a stand alone device. It can send [transmit X10 commands on the power line] on one Dial Set House Code A-P and all sixteen Unit Codes for the House Code.
Commands like on; off; bright; dim. All lights On all Units Off.
Yes it will work independently of the CM15A AHP Interface.

Did you order any TM751 or RR510 Transceivers to receive the RF commands from the Palm Pad or are you going to use the CM15A to receive them?

LudeSH01

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 11:02:12 AM »

yes i did, i have the palm pad and the keychain remote on the way with the rf transceiver..  I intalled a wall switch dimmer in the kitchen but the lights must have a ballast or are the cfl's i think, are there any dimmers for that application within x10 modules?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 11:46:08 AM »

X10 two wire dimmers. Steal power through the load [incadescent bulb] and should not be used with Low Voltage Lights, CFL, CCFL, Inductive Loads like fans.

X10 does make a relay type that just goes on and off like an appliance module and does not dim. It requires a Neutral Power Wire in the switch box. WS13A X10Pro XPS3.

X10Pro does make a dimming switch for inductive loads. XPDI3. It may work; but some loads; still don't like it. It also needs a Neutral Power connection. Fluorescent and CFL bulbs probably not. CCFL and dimmable CFL bulbs maybe OK depending on the brand as some work some do not.

Since the CM15A also can transceive X10 RF commands. You may have to go into the Hardware Configuration Tab and set the House Code the TM751 is using to not transceived. If not they may step on each other as the TM751 is not polite and will just send commands as received. The CM15A is polite and if the TM751 started first. It should wait.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:18:37 PM by Brian H »

LudeSH01

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »

Ok good to know, i know there isnt a neutral wire in those boxes so there goes that option... i will play with the transceivers and set the house code so they dont step on eachother...

Now my last question is being that i have my living room equipment on a APC power conditioner, wouldn't that potentially reduce noise, so basically its the battery backups, and the other tv and stereo setup that need the filters?  I bought 2 of the 10 amp filters and a 200a dryer plug in phase coupler to start.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »

Part of the APC power conditioner maybe a noise filter. Most kill X10 and Insteon power line signals as they are what they consider noise.
So it may filter out noise on its outputs like TVs etc, but its input filter may absorb signals.

I have a 10 Amp Smarthome FilterLinc on my APC BX1000 UPS.

You can always test for differences with the APC connected and disconnected. If things change then a filter on it maybe needed.

LudeSH01

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »

ok i just got my 200a phase coupler dryer plug, and 2 10 amp filters,i connected the filters to my batt backup and my apc power conditioner... With those 3 i have eliminated most of the problems however, i have one more plasma and stereo receiver i do not have a filter on in the master bedroom, that is now the only room i cannot receive signals from unless its through an rf remote transceiver, right now its workable however would like to use the computer timer setup for that room as well and that is the only line the computer transceiver does not reach, would you recommend putting in a filter on that plasma and stereo receiver first before i buy a signal booster, or can it be more of an issue than im thinking?  any suggestions?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 06:55:05 PM »

Unplug [off is not enough as they are in standby] the stereo and plasma TV. See if it makes any difference. In the rooms X10 signal reception.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.