Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garage Door Notification  (Read 4725 times)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Garage Door Notification
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »

Although I have a detached garage & can see the front of it from inside the house.
Today I decided to have GDN without spending any money and using only what I have lying around.
As always I have more stuff than I thought.

For my project I wired a DS10 switch to a PowerFlash set the PF mode to 3 and contact closure (B). Replaced the magnet with a stronger one that gives me a 1¾" gap. Mounted the magnet at the top of the door & the switch on the frame. Plugged in PF. Wired a plug to a miniature christmas tree light & plugged it into the light module. Set House & Unit codes on PF & Light module the same.

When door is open, christmas tree light is on & and when closed light is off.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Garage Door Notification
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »

......... When door is open, christmas tree light is on & and when closed light is off.

Not so much different from my Garage Door Reminder Macro I've posted it here at the user designed Macros. Except I use my HA PC (running BVC) to announce the door status. And it reminds me [the garage door is open] every ten minutes as long as the door is up. But I use a little lamp too (you can see it in my YouTube Video). I even have the macros as a download if you want to look at them.

You won't believe how many times something as simple as garage door notice.. will be used.

I just added an extra feature in my garage (steven r got me started on this). I JUST started to use Occupancy Sensing to determine if the wifes car is in the garage. It wasn't hard or anything... I used an old IR reflective light beam projector thingy Knightrider sent me.... as well as a powerflash module.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.