Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Absolutely No Video  (Read 8293 times)

beboykin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Absolutely No Video
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:24:38 PM »

I spent hours trying to hook up my Round Video Sender Kit w/Full Powermid with no luck. I have no picture or sound on the receiving end. I have tried EVERYTHING. I know the problem is not with the way I have hooked up on the receiving end, or with the input I have selected. I tested that with my 360. I have changed channels (ABCD), checked all cables, etc. I even got out the manuals for my DirecTV HD DVR and receiving TV to make sure I was hooking everything up correctly there. Called the help number and the girl pretty much hung up on me and emailed me the wiki, which I told her I already had open in front of me. I have no idea where to go from here. Please help.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Absolutely No Video
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »

I spent hours trying to hook up my Round Video Sender Kit w/Full Powermid with no luck. I have no picture or sound on the receiving end. I have tried EVERYTHING. I know the problem is not with the way I have hooked up on the receiving end, or with the input I have selected. I tested that with my 360. I have changed channels (ABCD), checked all cables, etc. I even got out the manuals for my DirecTV HD DVR and receiving TV to make sure I was hooking everything up correctly there. Called the help number and the girl pretty much hung up on me and emailed me the wiki, which I told her I already had open in front of me. I have no idea where to go from here. Please help.

Try a known good video source.  For instance a VCR or some such.  Maybe even a video game.  Connect it first to the receiving TV and get a picture, then connect it to the video sender and connect the receiver to the TV.  If you can get a picture then, it is quite possible that your DirecTV HD DVR does not send output to the RCA style Video connector when it is set to send HDMI to it's local TV.   :'

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.