Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Different users for BVC  (Read 7462 times)

blaib

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Different users for BVC
« on: October 28, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »

Ok I received my CM15A and I am having a blast with BVC!  I will definitely be paying for your program it is excellent! Anyway I am having fun telling it what to do and my wife and kids are VERY jealous.  Is there a way to make BVC recognize different users?  The computer will only answer to me. 

Thank You

Brian Laib

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Different users for BVC
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »

.... I am having a blast with BVC!

I understand that part! I giggled like a schoolgirl (almost)... and also enjoyed some outright laughing too. BVC is certainly a hoot! That's how I became a big fan.

... Anyway I am having fun telling it what to do and my wife and kids are VERY jealous.  Is there a way to make BVC recognize different users?  The computer will only answer to me. 

Don't do it!!!! I know one man (that lives on the left coast) that once let his wife handle the remote control... now she controls what TV shows they watch.

I told my wife that Bill is working on a multi-user solution for BVC.. and I am sure he will resolve the problem. But meanwhile my Kate [kate 16bit voice] only talks with me.

Welcome to the forum... AND BVC blaib
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:08:51 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Different users for BVC
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »

Don't do it!!!! I know one man (that lives on the left coast) that once let his wife handle the remote control... now she controls what TV shows they watch.

Er... yeah... that would be me.   :-[   rofl

I told my wife that Bill is working on a multi-user solution for BVC.. and I am sure he will resolve the problem. But meanwhile my Kate [kate 16bit voice] only talks with me.

That's right!  It's a feature!   :'   :)%

Sadly, I haven't been able to get Windows to recognize more than one user unless the users sound pretty similar.   B:(
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.