Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: setting up 1 hour timers  (Read 5197 times)

rockyw123

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
setting up 1 hour timers
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:46:54 PM »

I would like to set up 7 different appliances to turn on for 1 hour by pressing a certain key on my computers key board. I would also like to be able to add 1 hour the same way.
For example if I want it to be on for 1 hour I press the key one time. If I want it to be on for 2 hours I press the key twice. And so on and so forth.

I have a game room with 7 different game consoles that I will rent out by the hour.
So  I want to be able to turn one on for an hour when someone pays for it or turn it on for multiple hours if the pay for more than one hour.

If this can't be done, what would be the easiest way to do what I need to do?
Any help would be great,
Thanks,

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: setting up 1 hour timers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:02:41 PM »

You might try setting up a room for each game.  Then write a macro for 1 hr then another for 2hr and so on in each individual room then you could toggle the appropriate macro for how long you wanted it to stay on.

By the way this is a good one good luck. 8)
M M ElectricMan

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »

Keep in mind... the longest delay that can be used in a [AHP] macro is 4 1/2 hours.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »

I have something that might help.  I have a workaround for the 4 1/2 hour limitation.  It does require a little work adding in macros and phantom modules.  I currently have macros for operating a charger for 8 and 12 hours.  You could modify this to suit your needs.  I do believe that you will need a separate macro for each amount of time and divided into rooms.  It would be easy to hit one key several times to keep adding additional hours, but I don't think it's possible, then again, I could be wrong.  I just know that my timer workaround does work.  If it helps, then I feel like I've given back to this forum which I have used so often.  I noticed that I can't send my AHX file as an attachment on this forum.  If you email me @ TOM2RN@aol.com and put the subject up above in the header then I can send you my AHX file.

Tomh

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.