Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Initial setup of a 4 camera system  (Read 11252 times)

rideswings

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Initial setup of a 4 camera system
« on: August 15, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »

Hi. I recently bought a package from X10 and I am trying to set it all up so I can monitor 4 cameras (not all at the same time i realize) over the internet while I am overseas.

(IN53A) 1   Ninja Power Supply Information          Price not available
IN80A    1    XCam2 Primer (IN80A)         Price not available
VR36A    1    Small Video Receiver (no audio) (VR36A)         $39.99
UX23A    1    DVR/VCR Commander II (UX23A)         $49.99
IN47A    1    Multi-camera kit instructions (IN47A)         Price not available
XX20A    2    NightWatch Wireless Low-Light B/W Video Camera (XX20A)         $179.98
SW26A 1    Vanguard Control Center Software (SW26A)         $149.99
MS14A    4    EagleEye Motion Sensor (MS14A)         $99.96
VA12A    1    USB Video Capture Adapter (VA12A)         $79.99
CM19A    1    Wireless PC Transceiver (CM19A)         $49.99
VK74A    2    Pan & Tilt Base (VK74A)         $199.98
CR14A    2    Ninja ScanPad Controller (CR14A)         $99.98
VK75A    2    Pan & Tilt Base plus Camera (VK75A)         $339.98
CR14A    2    Ninja ScanPad Controller (CR14A)         $99.98
MM022    1    Security Surveillance Decal (4 x 6.5) (MM022)         $9.99
TM751    1    Small Wireless Transceiver (TM751)         $12.99
VR42A    1    Tiny Audio/Video Receiver (VR42A)         $49.99
MM023    1    Security Surveillance Window/Yard Sign (6 5/8 x 10.5) (MM023)         $19.99

Here is the link to the ad I responded to which states that I will be able to "watch over four areas of my home or business from my TV, PC or even over the Internet!"  :

http://www.x10.com/products/xx16a_ed_cam_41806_promo_1019.html

What I have done is to download and install the Vanguard Control Center Software, connect the USB Video Capture Adapter to my USB, connected a Tiny Audio/Video Receiver to the USB adapter, and actually got one camera to appear on the computer software. My question is how to use the remaining cameras?

I plugged them all in, used different numbers from 1 - 4 on the camera's power supplies on House A, but none of them appear on the software. If I manually switch the receiver from A to C I can view a second camera on the software but that doesnt really help me. I thought I would be able to do this using the software.

Based on what was included in the box, I can not figure out how to get more than one camera working with the software and I can not figure out how to monitor it over the internet.

Also, X10 sent me Lola which I did not order, so I wonder if they omitted something I need to make all this equipment tie together and work correctly.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:22:04 PM by rideswings »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Initial setup of a 4 camera system
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:05:25 PM »

....I plugged them all in, used different numbers from 1 - 4 on the camera's power supplies on House A, but none of them appear on the software. If I manually switch the receiver from A to C I can view a second camera on the software but that doesnt really help me. I thought I would be able to do this using the software.

The cameras (all of them) and the receiver has to be set on the same channel. It appears you have one camera (and the receiver) set to channel A... with (at lease) one other camera set to channel C.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

pipe

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »

I'm havving similer  problems, I got 3 cameras installed but only get a fuzzy picture on one color one the others are just wigglie lines, also do i have to have a big ram computer? it seems real slow responding. i can't get the adjust camra  focus and iris stuff to even hilight. Bud

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:24:54 PM »

pipe; Do you have any wireless network devices or 2.4 GHz cordless phones? Both are known interference problems with wireless cameras.

Do you have all of the cameras set to the same House Code and Unit code in the group of four? 1-4,5-8,9-12 or 13-16? Only one camera can be on at a time. When you turn on one in the group the other three should go off.

cwmartin59

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »

I am sure by now you have it figured out, but if not.  I am running Vista 64.  I discovered in the Vanguard folder after I installed the software, that there is a Link entitled "Vanguard Broswer".  By selecting this, it opens the internet browser requesting the user name "X10" and the password that I had assigned earlier when going through the initial setup of the system.  Ensure you have the Vanguard software already running before selecting the Vanguard Browser link.  Once you have logged on and established connection, and if you have more than one camera activated,  I am after connecting, select the drop down list in the lower left corner just abover the camera buttons.  Select 4 Camera Grid.  You should see all four images, but be warned it may be slow depending on the Frequency update setting and the Image Quality setting.  Once I got all images to display, I selected Scan to have the system cycle through and update each image.  You can also select record or snapshot.  Hope it works for you.

pipe

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:50:46 PM »

I'm havving similer  problems, I got 3 cameras installed but only get a fuzzy picture on one color one the others are just wigglie lines, also do i have to have a big ram computer? it seems real slow responding. i can't get the adjust camra  focus and iris stuff to even hilight. Bud

pipe

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 04:55:48 PM »

I'm still having similer  problems, I got 4 cameras installed but only get a fuzzy picture on one color one the others are just wigglie lines, also do i have to have a big CPU computer? it seems real slow responding. i can't get the adjust camra  focus and iris stuff to even hilight. Bud
[/quote] We still can't get the cameras to work right, we now are on c1-2-3-4 what is this the best they can do? I may have to send them back. bud

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.