Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Run from PC  (Read 3800 times)

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Run from PC
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »

I don't know if this is something understood or discussed before.  I have not seen it in the posting I have read.

I am using the latest AHP 3.236.  I have not reverted back to the 204 because so far I have not really figured out my bugs with macros and timers are not my fault. 

what I have discovered that wile programing new macros and testing them, the run from PC or run from interface button plays an important role in how well things work.  If i forget to load the program into the interface and the run from interface button is checked the macro or timer will not function as planned. It will if I change the switch to run from PC though.  Then I assume the same true:  if I leave the run from PC switch checked and load the interface. that item will not load in and will not work when the PC is off or disconnected. 

M M ElectricMan

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Run from PC
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »

Correct.  Macros run from the PC won't work if the PC  is OFF.

As to 3.236, if you still have problems with timers and macros, do the downgrade to 3.204 and update it to 3.228.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: Run from PC
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »

The real point to the post is that the macro will not work if the PC is on and connected, with the run from interface button checked unless you remember to load it into the cm15. So use run from PC wile you test it.  then change the button and load it.

On a second note if you are testing a macro and have the run from PC button checked it will work if you test it on the PC. Then I notice that when you try to trigger it with a remote it will not work right away from the palmpad like it does from the PC until you check the run from interface and download it. 

By the way I am using the latest version 3,236 is this the major  bug with this version and can you trigger macros from the runfrom PC with a palmpad without any hesitation just like a trigger with the mouse.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:51:18 PM by Mellowmark »
M M ElectricMan

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.