Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BlueTooth Connector  (Read 33076 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: BlueTooth Connector
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »

last time I checked it didn't support the CM15A. If it does now that certainly would be the better route to go with all its features!

I checked out Vcrib. I can't say I really know what it will or won't do. I tried the download... but it didn't show-up in my software list, or tray, or give me an icon.. or anything. I tried repairing the program.. with no luck. I checked the Pages there and I did find this:

Art Says:
June 27th, 2009 at 8:07 am
If vCrib supports X10, Insteon and more, AND I already own both a CM11 and a CM15a THEN why should I need to purchase an Insteon PLC device?

It would appear VCrib requires "the Insteon PLC device". I would really like feedback from anyone that knows.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »

Hi Dave,

According to the vcrib forum, the CM11A, CM15A, CM17A, CM19A are all supported!
http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/phpbbdir/viewforum.php?f=7

You may have already seen the Bluetooth Proximity info, but here's a link anyway:
http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bluetooth_Proximity

I just recently installed vcrib and yes, it is certainly a painful install.  But if you follow the step-by-step instructions in the video, it does work!  The install video is under Instructional Videos at:
http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/videos 

So far, I've only experimented with the Z-wave controller and devices.  They work fine.  I'll try to take a few minutes today and see if the basic CM15A support does work.  I'll let you know.

Regards,

ITguy

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »

According to the vcrib forum, the CM11A, CM15A, CM17A, CM19A are all supported!

.... I'll try to take a few minutes today and see if the basic CM15A support does work.  I'll let you know.

Thanks ITguy!!!!!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »

Dave,

Here's the deal.  The CM15A is supported, but Vaughn forgot to include it in the latest build.  You can download it from the forum post at
http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/phpbbdir/viewtopic.php?p=2683#2683  Just extract the .exe from the rar file and copy it into the vcrib folder.

You will also need Interop.ActiveHomeScriptLib.dll from the ActiveHome SDK (though Vaughn may add that to the download file now that he knows it's missing).

I just did a real basic test consisting of turning a light on and off, but it does work!

After you do the install and have MySql running as a service, here's what you'll need to do to start vcrib with just the CM15A support:
1.  Goto the vcrib folder and double-click the Master.exe to start it.  This is the underlying program that provides all the support.
2.  Still in the vcrib folder, double-click the vCM15A.exe to start the support for X10.
3.  Now double-click the Admin.exe to start the GUI.
That's it, you're up and running.  Creating devices is a multi-step process that's too long to go into here, but is fairly well described in the vcrib forum posts.

I haven't done much testing with vcrib, but I'm certainly impressed by the potential power and possibilities.  It is awfully complex to set up!  But... the potential is incredible!  Being able to use X10, Insteon, Z-wave, BlueTooth, etc all from the same program just blows me away!

BTW - I'm very impressed with the S.A.R.A. concept!

Good luck!

ITguy

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 03:27:16 PM »

setting up vCrib is also very obfuscated, thats why I keep going away from it.

I think one of the things they are going to develop is a calendar interface for simple scheduling.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.