Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Text to x10?  (Read 27388 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Text to x10?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »

David E.
In Md.
+1 from me!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 05:33:55 AM »

Sorry to here AlertDialer won't work for you!
It's to bad they never set a standard for modems!

SMS is basically short email messages.
I can SMS my phone via outlook (Phone#)@(Phone serviceProvider)
If you can send email  you could configure outlook to fire a x10 code and a confirmation text back. Of coarse you'd want to pull off the road (If behind the wheel) to text! rofl
I suspect you'd have hit & miss luck with the wireless modem as well! :(
 >!

Well, now that X10Dispatcher won't do the job.... can you explain how outlook can fire an X10 command?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »

Its been years since I've done this! ::) :' I think it uses rules and subject line, perhaps PajamaGuy can Jump in with a walk threw as I know he currently uses this in his setup! ???
I wish AccessHA was still up there was a small program written that would do it all for you. :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

davideinmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »

I don't really know if this helps. If not, let's delete it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/201095

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:46 AM »

Executing X10 Commands via Email

I use Outlook (2010), but any email program that allows RULES which will execute an external application should work.
You need to download the X10 SDK, and extract the AHCMD.exe program from it.

In the DOS days, I just added the location of AHCMD.exe to my PATH, but now I explitcitly call it.

On my D: drive I have D:\ActiveHome\Scripts and I put AHCMD.exe in there along with the associated batch files (*.bat)
The HELP file within the SDK lists the commands – both PLC and RF.

Powerline Commands
Powerline commands are specified with the "sendplc" parameter, and take several different forms. Each requires that you specify an X10 address (A1-P16), plus additional command parameters structured as follows:
•   On: <X10 address> on
•   Off: <X10 address> off
•   Dim: <X10 address> dim <dim percentage (of 100%)>
•   Bright: <X10 address> bright <bright percentage (of 100%)>
•   All Lights On: <X10 address (must include Unit Code)> alllightson
•   All Units Offn: <X10 address (must include Unit Code)> allunitsoff
•   Extended Code Command: <X10 address> <command> <value> (command and value are specified in hex).
This list containts all of the powerline commands used by the Scripting Interface.
Example of complete powerline transmission command:
"sendplc", "a3 dim 75"

This would tell the interface to send address module A3, and then send a dim command of sufficient duration to dim the module 75% of full brightness.

I only use the “SendPLC” commands.
A simple batch file might be:

ArmStat.bat
D:
CD \ActiveHome\Scripts
AHCMD.exe “sendplc” “M5 ON”

So I create a RULE in Outlook that looks at the subject line of all messages.
If it “sees” the string, “X10:ArmStat” it runs the application “ArmStat.bat”

ArmStat.bat runs, sends M5 ON as a PLC which flips a Phantom AM466 M5 to the on position.  Macro M5 is triggered by the M5=ON and does it’s thing.

That’s really all there is to it.  You can make it as complex or as simple as you like.

Since I haven’t found a way to pass parameters, I have a batch file for every action I want to trigger via email.  Most of the associated macros send me a return email confirming the action happened.

Confirmation is importand because Outlook has a nasty habit  of hanging when an account doesn’t connect with the email host – just sitting there with a dialog box open waiting for you to click “OK”

This is a hurried explanation, and I apologize for it being so – if you’d like more, send me a message and I’ll work up more detail this weekend –

Dave
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Fan of Zappa

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

Is there another email program out there that will allow you to run a program as an action to a "true" email rule? I could not get the Gmail thing to work. This is exactly what I need. As of right now I put a 2 hr 30 min delay on my "Text me" alarm at the house because there are still people there when I leave. I have a few MS16a in the house and when they trip I have a scrip that emails me someone is in the house. I would like to turn it on by phone.

Thanks!
B.
Fan of Zappa - His music was way before it's time and died way before his time!

Fan of Zappa

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »

PajamaGuy,

You are a GENIUS! I downloaded a FREE email client, Pegasus Mail, Google it. set up an email address just for X10 use, scripted a few batch files, and it works like a champ! the WAF is at a very high level and I am referred to as a true GEEK! thank you.
BTY guys this will work on the cm15a so no need to do the Google voice thing.   >! #:)

Bob

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 10:21:11 AM »

Back in 2004, I had found a PERL script called "X10emailcomm", written by a guy names Warren Bell, which does something similar.
It checks a POP3 mail account for messages starting with "[home]", and then passes the body of the message to AHCMD, one line at a time.
You run the script as a scheduled task in Windows, at whatever interval you want.
You can then send whatever commands you want into the script, no need for custom batch files for every action you might want to run.

However, I can't find it online anymore. His domain is no longer active, and I don't know if I still have the original files.

shuggins

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »

Fan of Zappa,

I think I have this all working...man, getting Pegasus Mail to play nice with gmail was not trivial, but I got it to work.  I set up a rule to execute an external batch file to turn lights on (like described above), and it worked....sort of...

Quick question, how did you get the rules to automatically fire off when the email is received?  I had to do to Options and tell it to run the rules manually- ie: for me, Pegasus Mail won't run the rules as the emails are received- I had to tell it run the rules after they were already in the inbox.

Scott

Fan of Zappa

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »

Shuggins,

I am using pop3. click file, Network config, receiving (POP3), check for new mail every .... I put 2 seconds.
Under rules i have...
expression: c1 on
Occurs in the messages: body only (because I can not text a subject)
Action: run a program
Set: c:\batchx10\c1on.bat

c1on.bat:

c:\batchx10\ahcmd sendplc c1 on

I text my email address from my phone:
c1 on

it works within 15 seconds of "message sent" on my phone.

Bob

PS now if I can only get iHouse to work!

shuggins

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:39 PM »

Bob,

Ahhh....I set mine up in Pegasus Mail as "imap" instead of "pop3".  Let me go redo it as pop3. 
RE: iHouse...you NEED to get that up and running...it's the best, imho.  PM me over on the iHouse forum and I can try to help.  Do you have another PC you could try it on?  Maybe a spare laptop?

Scott
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.