Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Icon Remote Power button  (Read 10773 times)

rnorton888

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Icon Remote Power button
« on: December 04, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »

I see you can go to the power area and turn off each device one at a time by clicking on  say TV or Cable but how do you click on the main red power button and have it turn everyone OFF or ON? my current remote I had before will go through all the devices and turn them all off or on.
Thanks
Randy

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Icon Remote Power button
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

my current remote I had before will go through all the devices and turn them all off or on.

To actually do that, it is more of a device limitation.   I mean, most devices have a single power toggle command, and not discrete power 'on' and power 'off' commands.   Check out the device's original remote.  Does it have a single "Power" button (which would be for power toggle), or separate "Power Off" and "Power On" buttons?

If an universal remote (any universal remote) sent out power toggle commands for all devices with the intent to power them all 'off', those devices already 'off' would toggle to 'on'; not exactly the desired result.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:28:18 AM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

guys49

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »

In my case, I wanted the remote to turn on the satellite receiver and the TV at the same time.  All I did was to have the iconRemote learn the 'power' button for the satellite remote, then chose 'add to macro', and had the iconRemote learn the 'power' button for the TV (I also put a 1 second delay for the TV power button').  Works flawlessly...the satellite receiver turns on, then the TV turns on and all is well.
 Walt2 has a good point, though...if your remote has separate 'power off' and 'power on' buttons, it may be a little more challenging.

rnorton888

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »

Thanks I was doing it wrong before. I just did the learn and added two power codes to the cable and TV and used my Thumbs down as the button. No I can just puch the thumbs down button and both goes off/on like a toggle. If I do want to turn one on or off I can still use the POWER button and select one of the devices.
Thanks
Randy

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.