Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PR511 Floodlights won't turn off  (Read 9936 times)

kwilsonr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Life Is Good
PR511 Floodlights won't turn off
« on: December 06, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »

PR511 Motion Sensor Floodlights just installed front and back and they won't turn off. There was an insert in the instructions describing what to do if they don't turn off and I followed these steps several times with no luck.

It's Sunday and support is closed. anyone have any advice on this one?

Thanks in advance. Ken

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: PR511 Floodlights won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »

What I did to control my PR511 was to use a Pro Wall Switch Appliance Module (XPS3) to control it.  The Wall Switch turns the PR511 on and off on a timer.  The PR511 is installed in AHP along with the Wall Switch in case I want the PR511 to say on for some reason (like Halloween).
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

kwilsonr

• Life Is Good
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »

Thanks Dan. I searched the forums and found a suggestion to try turning it off with a remote and that worked. The lights are still acting flaky but I'm going to let them settle in overnight and see if I can get them dialed in tomorrow.

Great idea though. I may do that anyway.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:24:35 PM »

.... It's Sunday and support is closed. anyone have any advice on this one?

Remember not to overload the light bulb wattage... 150 watts MAX (that's both bulbs).

When setting the light range... if set all the way to light... it will turn the lights ON when movement is detected. Even in daylight.

I really like the floodlights (PR511) they have proved to be a dependable and useful device at my home. I even use on now as part of my talking yard sign. I merely capped the wires that normally would have powered the floodlights.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:04:58 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »

I mere capped the wires that normally would have powered the floodlights

I've used this approach as well.  I've also done the opposite of Dan by having the PR511 control a wall switch.  What I've done was to let the pr511 xmit to let's say B1.  I have a wall module that is set to B1 and controls the flood light.  The wall module I believe is rated up to 500 watts.  My flood is 300.  I set the pr511 to b16 and the +1 to xmit.  The PR511 wraps the code around to B1, xmits the B1 On over the powerline and turns on anything set to B1.  You can also set up a macro to trigger off of the B1 as well as having a mini controller set to house code B to control the flood independent of the Pr511.

kwilsonr

• Life Is Good
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »

Just a followup to say the lights settled in nicely. A few adjustments for light/dark and range to get it where I wanted it. Everything works great and troublefree.

Is there a way to turn these off for a party without having to climb up and doing it manually? I have activehome pro if that makes a difference.

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »

If you have it on a switch or a dedicated breaker, then just turn it off.

If not, then you may have to reach up and loosen the bulbs or cover up the sensor so they don't turn on and off during a party.

r,
eagle

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »

If a PR511 is turned on with an x10 ON signal, then they will stay ON until they receive their x10 OFF signal....They call this 'Barbecue mode'

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.