Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro seems to function but module doesn't  (Read 4889 times)

gator.bigfoot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro seems to function but module doesn't
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »

I've been trying to get a macro to turn on lights, dim lights and turn off lights.  What I have is 3 dimmer modules.  I want all three modules to turn on by pressing a button on my remote.  I wrote the macro to turn them on to 100%.  I can press the run macro button on my screen and I can see all 3 modules turn on on my screen, but the physical module does not respond.  The same goes for the off and dim macro I wrote.  I can even get the macro to run from my remote, but again the modules do no respond.  They show on or off, but do not do anything.  When I actually toggle the module itself on the screen or from the remote it works, but the macro seems to only function in a "simulator" mode.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Walter

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Macro seems to function but module doesn't
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »

There are a multitude of things that it could be.
poor configuration ( no addresses set to transceive)
you forgot to download to the interface.
you forgot to empty the recycle bin
and the list goes on.......
There are a number of trouble shooting threads created by me and others on the forum read them!
Sorry if I sound like an old Fart, I am!  rofl
If you still have a problem state what you have tried, we really need more info.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gator.bigfoot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »

Your certainly right about multitude of things it could be.  Ultimately it was the XPDI3 module I chose.  By reading Boiler's articles on switching it to a LM14 it worked for the most part.  Still have to go through his soft start dimmer post, because the lights turn on and off sequentially not simultaneously. 

Also, having problems with one of the modules controlling an MR16 based lamp. It turns on, but not off.  It goes dim and then goes bright again.  I know there are a number of posts regarding noise that could do this.  Still needs more investigation.  Does anyone have any experience with the filters fixing this?

Thanks,

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »

MR16 are Halogin lamps. Those should work with a XPID3.   Perhaps there is a noise problem on that circuit.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.