Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: FREE - public beta of iHouse  (Read 108437 times)

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: FREE - public beta of iHouse
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »

Thanks TJ!    >!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

ttrolinger

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »

All,

I have confirmed there is indeed a problem with iHouse unregistering and removing the shared file "X10Net.dll" when iHouse is uninstalled. This was a oversight on my part and has now been corrected.

To solve the issue, please see more information here:
http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112

I am sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate all of you bringing this to my attention.

TJ

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2010, 01:59:28 PM »

I would have reported this at IHouse forums but I can no longer log in and a request for new password isn't being sent.
 ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ttrolinger

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »

Tuicemen, we did not receive a request to reset your password. I have emailed you at the email address you supplied when creating your iHouse forums account. Please reply to that and I will reset your password.
TJ

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »

I was just able to get on!
Seems e-mail from site was getting sent to my severs junk folder that has since been fixed too I hope!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »

Ok
Did a little digging. It doesn't delete the file
How ever it does remove any references to it from the registry. B:(
This makes a simple file replacement useless.
How ever reinstalling AHP did fix the registry issues

Hopefully I'm the only one who has this issue! ::) :'
 >!

So that's what happened.  BTW, I'm not going to even try iHouse, as the reason I got rid of it was it was too cumbersome to add all my modules to it and  I could not find in import for x10 files. I did, however back up my X10Nets file just in case to the directory on the flash disk I keep X10 files on.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

hawk1

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

Cumbersome? Your joking right?!?  How many modules do you have?  I thought it was pretty quick and simple.  Just my opinion though.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »

Cumbersome? Your joking right?!? 
actualy it can be very Cumbersome if someone doesn't take the time to learn its in and outs.
But that can be said for any program.
Also the more options that get added will just make it more complicated for newbies to grasp.

If you don't need the options available with it find something that is a little easier to run!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »

Cumbersome? Your joking right?!?  How many modules do you have?  I thought it was pretty quick and simple.  Just my opinion though.

The answer is 32 lamp and appliance modules 365 days of the year with timers and macros, plus 13 or 14 lamp modules, all with timers at Christmas.  Since that a lot to add or import (which I couldn't find) that's why I posted why I deleted it.   If the iHouse people want X10 users to use their program, they need to make it easy to import their modules, timers and any macros.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

That TJ is a pretty slick guy.  I'll bet he sees this post and eventually comes up with a way to port AHP data into ihouse.

Just the way those ihouse guys work.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

hawk1

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »

WOW!  That is a lot of modules!  I agree with you Dan, I wouldn't want to input all those in either!  I didn't know anybody that had such an elaborate system.  But I will post over in the Ihouse forums about having the ability to import from AHP.  Knightrider is right, TJ and ITguy are awesome about listening AND incorporating almost anything to Ihouse!  Unlike AHP that hasn't been updated in years and which yourself also explains that the last update "is Buggy".  Ihouse takes users input to make the program better, you can see that by visiting their forum.

Its almost like Linux, they update almost weekly with bug fixes and users ideas.  And you don't have to shell out another $50.   AHP probably hasn't put out an update because their working on another version with another transceiver and wanting to get another $50.  I just can't see putting out any more for their software when they didn't listen to their own users on this forum and fix the problems they had.  What makes anybody think that there going to fix the new software when it comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I've had fun with AHP.  But I believe Ihouse has a lot more to offer. (Even though it can't download to the Cm15)!    Again, just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:14:58 PM by hawk1 »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »

I'll drop in to the iHouse forums to see what upgrades to ihouse have been made now and then.  If a change is made to allow importing .ahx files is made and X10 hasn't done anything to upgrade AHP or puts a new software version and an interface and give current AHP users a price break, then I just might try it again.

My X10 system is modules, lots of timers and none of the plug-ins as I don't need them.  It's been expanded in the last 20 years, I've been an x10 user since the late 1980's!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:52:18 PM by Dan Lawrence »

yancy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »

Installed latest version (0.9.5.4) this past weekend.  Once again, great upgrade, new features and works great.

Randy B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »

Apparently, iHouse has no accommodation (pardon the pun) for locations outside the U.S.A.

Randy from Canada

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »

AHP probably hasn't put out an update because their working on another version with another transceiver and wanting to get another $50.  I just can't see putting out any more for their software when they didn't listen to their own users on this forum and fix the problems they had.  What makes anybody think that there going to fix the new software when it comes out.

Hawk
Anymore details on this new controller?
I agree with your assumptions. When AHP and CM15A first hit the market WE were the beta testers, paying full price for poorly designed hardware and very buggy software. I hope X10 does a beta similar to the beta they did on the RF Icon remote (IR27) because I am convinced paying customers performed the CM15 beta. :P
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.