Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: FREE - public beta of iHouse  (Read 108448 times)

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: FREE - public beta of iHouse
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »

Dave W.  I don't know for sure if they are putting out a new controller.  I was thinking of reasons why they wouldn't fix the problems in AHP and improve on the cm15.  It was just an idea of why they wouldn't be upgrading AHP..  I'm sorry if I mislead you.  Maybe if I write more about Ihouse here it will kick someone in the butt so they will fix the bugs in AHP and Impove the cm15.

Ihouse:  unlimited flags, unlimited macros, video seen on server and all clients from a server or client (which means you don't have to have more than one va11/va12), voice recognition, able to run programs on server or clients, able to read a .txt file, and its FREE, Good Support,  and the list goes on.....   >!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »

Dave W.  I don't know for sure if they are putting out a new controller.  I was thinking of reasons why they wouldn't fix the problems in AHP and improve on the cm15.  It was just an idea of why they wouldn't be upgrading AHP.. 

Maybe if I write more about Ihouse here it will kick someone in the butt so they will fix the bugs in AHP and Impove the cm15.

OK, I thought you might have inside track. As far as fixing...I wonder if they have the manpower to fix old, or design new. X10 ain't the company it used to be (1980s-1990s).

Thanks!!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »

I don't know, maybe its time to take a look at a newer technology too, instead of just software.  I would sure hate to see X10 close their doors.  Mainly because I probably couldn't afford to automate my house anymore.   :(
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »

Mainly because I probably couldn't afford to automate my house anymore.   :(

Agree.

Granted I don't have an elaborate setup like most folks here, but it would have cost me at least 5x more to install a system similar to what I've been able to do with x10.

I'm cost conscious but also mindful and accept the limitations of x10.  So with the happy medium I've balanced between cost and capability with an x10 based system, I'm not complaining ... but always open to ways to enhance the system.

r,
eagle

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 05:18:44 PM »

I know some people promote the idea that other HA technologies are far better than X10. I think the benefits of the "newer" technologies are highly overrated. All flavors of HA require good planning and setup to work correctly. A little careful engineering works much better than a pile of money thrown at newer devices... IMHO. I can't see how I have sacrificed any capabilities or reliability by choosing X10. I have a larger setup... and it works flawlessly.

There has been a MAJOR change with how we select and use software products. We used to call these fundamental changes a paradigm shift. I am not sure that term is thrown around like it used to be... but the term is relevant for here. ihouse, BVC, BlueWatch, PC Companion... all are "user created" software. These special softwares can pop-up overnight and changed, edited, altered, or modified to appeal to the "customer" just as quickly. These software products cost little-to-nothing to the user... and even though they enhance the CM15A greatly... they cost X10 nothing.

I bought the CM15A (and AHP) so I could use a special software... NOT made by X10. I had tried the CM11A... and had not been impressed. But I wanted the benefits of being able to voice command my home enough to try another X10 interface.

Let us all hope that whatever new computer interface X10 (or whoever) develops or releases for sale. That they realize the value of an open SDK so other software creators can enhance the product. 

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:00:39 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »

I don't know, maybe its time to take a look at a newer technology too, instead of just software.  I would sure hate to see X10 close their doors.  Mainly because I probably couldn't afford to automate my house anymore.   :(
Same here.

Also, if I were migrate to a new system, I would be afraid of the VHS vs Beta, HD vs Blue Ray scenario. And I bought Beta and HD so what does that tell you?  ;D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »

Since iHouse and AHP don't at present, play nice together, many are leary of test running this.
I then found a thread on the iHouse forums where a user installed iHouse onto a thumb drive and it worked anywhere.
So I thought about installing iHouse making a copy to another folder then uninstall from the other(original)folder.
This leaves the backup in tack and also allowed AHP On Alert to work  :)%.
iHouse seen the CM15A as connected and all was well.
Until A1 was turned off :'(, once iHouse was shut down a restart wouldn't detect the CM15A.
As long as A1 remained OFF iHouse wouldn't work (always seen the CM15A as not connected)
Luckily TJ found the issue :)% and in the next update the A1 On issue should be fixed.
Until then anyone wishing to do the workaround for On Alert will have to make sure A1 is On before you open iHouse.  ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

STI2NR

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • Security cams online!!
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2010, 12:05:32 AM »

I have a cm19a that I have not put to use yet.  Will this software allow me to use it??

I have a small house and only need 1 housecode to control everything.  I could use the cm19a along with the security system base as the transceiver right??

I am confused, educate me.

;-)
Licensed Inside Commercial Electrician in Oregon and Washington --USMC veteran 1993-2001--3 time marathon completer 2008 (4:12) 2009 (PDX 3:44, Seattle 3:32)

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »

STI2NR,

While the CM19A will work with iHouse (see this post: http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=185&p=1051&hilit=CM19A#p1051 ), the security modules are not yet supported. - but that's coming.  You'll probably need one of the plug-in transceivers to take the RF from the CM19A and put the commands on the powerline.

ITguy

ITguy

Version 9.5.8 released
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »

Version 9.5.8 is available for download at:
http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/?page_id=248

This is mostly an "under the covers improvements" release, but adds the ability to use the CM19A.  See this post:
http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=185&p=1051&hilit=CM19A#p1051

ITguy

STI2NR

• Security cams online!!
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »

STI2NR,

While the CM19A will work with iHouse (see this post: http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=185&p=1051&hilit=CM19A#p1051 ), the security modules are not yet supported. - but that's coming.  You'll probably need one of the plug-in transceivers to take the RF from the CM19A and put the commands on the powerline.

ITguy

That is GREAT NEWS!!!  I am using my security system console as a transceiver since I only need 16 unit codes (small house). I do have a spare transceiver laying around if needs be though.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!

;-)
Licensed Inside Commercial Electrician in Oregon and Washington --USMC veteran 1993-2001--3 time marathon completer 2008 (4:12) 2009 (PDX 3:44, Seattle 3:32)

STI2NR

• Security cams online!!
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »

HOLY MOLY!! Is there a tutorial somewhere??  I entered this information so far: 

Home security system setup

Channel/unit                                             Operates

B2                     North Bedroom Light

B3                     South Bedroom Light

B4                     Bathroom Light

B5                     Utility Room Light

B6                     Patio Lights/Sirens

B7                     Lava Lamps

B13                     Driveway Camera

B14                     Back Door Camera

B15                     Koi Camera

B16                     Front Door Camera

This is about as far as I got.  I think I need an instruction book.  ;-)

ITguy

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2010, 09:37:57 PM »

ST12NR,

Well, there should be enough to get you started here:
http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=8

and the macro stuff is here:
http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=9

Please post any questions or problems to the iHouse forums.  And....please let us know how it works with your security console.  I believe you're the first one to try that.

Enjoy!!

ITguy

STI2NR

• Security cams online!!
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2010, 12:34:38 AM »

I am not an IT guy.  I cannot figure out how to setup the video server which is the main reason I am using this software.  I want to be able to record on my cameras when my motion sensors send a signal to turn the camera on.  I have a 4 channel input usb dvr video capture device.

Everytime I do a google search on a tutorial on setting up a TCP or ip server I get pages and pages of stuff I do not understand.

I have one computer running vista ultimate edition, this is all I have.   I have tried using my own computers ip address and port 8000 like in the pdf directions and it does not work, I cannot connect to the cameras. 

I guess trial and error will prevail but it sure would be nice to know how to do this stuff. 

I just basically want something that will record for 30 seconds once motion is detected and then saved to my hard drive.  Is that too much to ask???

An email would be nice as well once the recording starts.

;-)

STI2NR

• Security cams online!!
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »

I give up, looks like great software but it has tons of options I do not need.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.