Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: [AHP ADD-ON] BlueWatch (Control via BlueTooth or WIFI Detection)  (Read 306555 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: [AHP ADD-ON] BlueWatch (Control via BlueTooth or WIFI Detection)
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »

I don't know if this is going to help or hinder but here goes.  I picked this one up on eBay, thought it would be a little better for distance having the antenna...  I really don't know much about these things but I do know if you have an external antenna it should receive better and transmit better (in theory).  Of course it's probably a no gain antenna. 
You have to watch some of these dongles that have the antenna,the antenna serves no purpose(it is fake)!
Why bother to put it on if it does nothing is beyond me! ::) :' ???
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »

Why bother to put it on if it does nothing is beyond me!
well, if nothing else it may be a spot to run a cable or connector through once the antenna is removed.

Dan
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »

Why bother to put it on if it does nothing is beyond me!
well, if nothing else it may be a spot to run a cable or connector through once the antenna is removed.

Dan
rofl so true!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »

The mod I was looking at implied a range increase of "up to" 1200 meters. I am not that up on the metric stuff... I think that might be like 3 miles... or at lease far enough I could keep track of the neighbors.

I still have one antenna left from my old linksys router that died. I am just not sure what I would do with the increased range.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2010, 01:54:28 PM »

I doubt you'd get the range they say with a router antenna, but it would be easy to decrease your range by placing the antenna on the floor of your basement.
Antenna placement is the most important element in achieving the distance you require, as I'm sure your well aware of! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mkgriff

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2010, 02:45:42 PM »

actually what I thought about doing was tap in to the on and off switch with two leads and connect them to the universal module, of course I would not be able to turn it on by voice but I could turn it on from another computer in the office runs the firecracker software, this computer I use for basic lights etc. so I can do everything while I'm sitting at my Main computer.  My H. A. PC is also an older unit that pretty much does nothing but run the house.  I can't wait till I can afford a new TV so I can use  the monitor/TV as my PC monitor and get rid of the computer monitor.  One thing I used to do until it took a power hit, I was using a laptop for   my HA PC.  The cool thing about a laptop is you can't close it and hiding it just about anywhere, and if the power goes off it would staying running on the battery so you had no reboots.  Of course this is all probably for another topic
BVC & AHP mean never having to say "TURN THAT LIGHT ON WHEN YOU GO BY"

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »

Hi guys so I'm playing with Bluewatch I like it, but I'm wondering how I can do a few things, for one I have it set up when I'm near to say  "David is home" but it keeps saying it like every 30 sec, I would want it to say it once then maybe once I'm out of range say "David has left the house".
  I have my car set up as well;  once I drive in to the drive way, the lights turn on in the house, but then after i go to bed the light keep turning on, as blurtooth in car is on. how do I stop it from repeating. Do I set up a macro?, if so can some one show me there set up.

thanks... Again Tuicemen great job...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »

Hi guys so I'm playing with Bluewatch I like it, but I'm wondering how I can do a few things, for one I have it set up when I'm near to say  "David is home" but it keeps saying it like every 30 sec, I would want it to say it once then maybe once I'm out of range say "David has left the house".
  I have my car set up as well;  once I drive in to the drive way, the lights turn on in the house, but then after i go to bed the light keep turning on, as blurtooth in car is on. how do I stop it from repeating. Do I set up a macro?, if so can some one show me there set up.

thanks... Again Tuicemen great job...
Your welcome, and thank you! ;)
The every 30 sec notification is due to the fact that your BT device isn't sending a steady discover code.
To fix this enable the dual loss detection and then play with the time interval slowly increasing the interval. Mine works best at 11 but yours may vary.
Also I've noticed that distance from the dongle can cause repeat disconnects and reconnects.
If I'm close to the maximum range this occurs to me so you may need to place the dongle on a usb extention cable and get it closer to the car.
Hope this helps
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »

astrothug Also make sure you have the latest version (0.0.6.2).
Another option you could look at for your car is to use the scheduling option.
Pause detection at night and restart detection or restart BlueWatch in the morning.
Restarting BlueWatch in the morning could act as an additional alarm clock with the detect notifications. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »

thanks for the help, I think the biggest thing for me is the connect and disconnect notifications, I get plus for what ever reason I have to restart my comp as I loose my bluetooth. I'm using one of these. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866 I had a D-Link DBT-122 but it never worked. My toggle is on a 6 foot usb extension that is close to the front door. 

I hope I can get it dialed in.

Tuicemen do you think in the future there could be an option for those who are seen but not the watch list could be seen as guest. I think that would be cool, a friend comes in to the house, and BVC would say "welcome guest" just a thought...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »

Tuicemen do you think in the future there could be an option for those who are seen but not the watch list could be seen as guest. I think that would be cool, a friend comes in to the house, and BVC would say "welcome guest" just a thought...
Adding that option isn't a problem but:
There would be a continued welcome message for each discovery I think that would drive you crazy.
Of coarse if their discovery was turned off then BlueWatch wouldn't see them.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »

Update:
BlueWatch 1.0.0.0 is close to test release.

Some of you may already have signed up to test this new version.
I could use a couple more of you! ;) ;) ;)
This version uses all new drivers (well not new but better) and is built in VB.net so I had to convert all the code, some of which was a pain. B:(
For now I'm more concerned with getting the current available options working before I start looking into others.
But I have added a display that shows currently seen BT devices, if it is configured in windows, what type it is(smart phone,PC....) and what services it supports(telephony,network,hands free...). 86 services in total.
This BT driver has many features that will add the possibility for many options most of which I probably won't be able to test.
I've kept the look and feel very close to the original so learning it won't be hard. In fact there are less screens. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mkgriff

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »

I'm wanting to try this out.  Where do I go to download?  How much?  What do I need to do?  I'm wanting to try this Bluetooth to activate the microphone for BVC.  And probably other things that I've not quite figured out yet...
BVC & AHP mean never having to say "TURN THAT LIGHT ON WHEN YOU GO BY"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »

All the info for BlueWatch Can be found Here
Good Idea to have it turn on the microphone for BVC ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »

.... I'm wanting to try this Bluetooth to activate the microphone for BVC.  And probably other things that I've not quite figured out yet...

I have an outside Voice Warning/announcement and video recording/emailing that I have automated based on occupancy.

I like the idea of the microphone being turned on too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.