Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Control  (Read 10040 times)

carljr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote Control
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:17:17 AM »

I just bought the x10 Wireless Audio/Video Sender and it came with the universal platinum remote. It works on my TV but I can't program the x10 sender/receiver. It says I need to put in the unit code, but I can't find it. I read the instructions but it uses the another module that I don't use as an example. I want to keep this sender/receiver but it's not making it easy. Where can I find the unit code?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »

What X10 modules are you trying to control?

What address {House Code and Unit Code} is the X10 module you want to control set to?

Did you get an X10 Tranceiver {TM751} or are you trying to go through the VK82A sender receive kit?
The Remote can not control X10 devices through the sender receiver combination. As they don't have an X10 power line transmitter in them.
The remote can through a transceiver like the TM751 by RF commands or if the remote is set to send X10 signals by IR to an IR543 IR controller.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:28:27 PM by Brian H »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:13:28 AM »

.... I can't program the x10 sender/receiver.

There is no programming of the Video sender/receivers. The sender plugs into the Cable Box.. or whatever you sending from. The receiver plugs into the TV you plan on watching.

• Do make sure the sender/receivers are both on the same channel (slide switch A-D).
  • Do have the red plastic of the receiver unit facing your remote (you).
  • Do plug the emitters into the sending unit and make sure they are directly over the Cable Box (or whatever) IR ports.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

carljr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 01:01:59 AM »

I have the VK82A kit and I did pit the IR extender on the front and on top of the cable box. Bit still nothing. I programed the cable box to my remote, but still nothing. I put in fresh batteries, put them both on the same channel, and STILL NOTHING. The connection is correct, I can see the image clearly, but I just can't change the TV channel.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.