Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10Dispatcher vs. PC Companion (email workaround )?  (Read 9862 times)

TheMark38

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
X10Dispatcher vs. PC Companion (email workaround )?
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »

I was doing fine getting AHP Pro running on my new Win7-64bit build, all WAS working fine. Oddly enough, I am no longer getting email from my security sensors even thought I was in the first few weeks using Win7. After more lost daze of uninstalling, reinstalling, testing, I just can’t get my AHP email going again, so I started playing with “add-ons’ that could pick up that function ( this is my MOST important AHP function… email notification of door/window sensors tripping )…

I did a bunch of reading about X10Dispatch and tired to do the base install, but that bottomed out with it not being happy with the AHP SDK pack install on Windows7 64-bit system, and emails to their support show the address is now dead; which makes sence as the program has not been updated in years.

Does anyone know how to use an “add-on” in Windows 7 64-bit to send AHP emails ( using “dummy” security X10 codes of course )? I see PC Companion has grown in the years sence I played with it last…. any input on that maybe??

Thanks to all who are keeping X10 "in the house”…
Mark ;-)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: X10Dispatcher vs. PC Companion (email workaround )?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »

I had originaly thought of adding the e-mail send function to PCC but since AHP already did it it didn't make much sense! ::) :'
It might be time to revisit that thought! rofl
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TheMark38

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »

Hey Tuiceman!
Nice to hear from you ( you really are someting else buddy  >! ), I sure wish you would pull that one off... I just did a COMPLETE Win7 Image restore back to when I has everything wokring ( includeing emailing from AHP ), and giving up all my last few weeks of Win7 set-up jimmy jazz,,,,,, still nothing from x10gateway email ( tried Auto, SMTP, X10Portal in MyHouse set up ) plus a TON of other stuff. Man, this just feels like x10gateway is flat dead at the server side, but I do did not see anything in the forums about this , and surely there would be if the service was "off-line".
I am flat out of ideas, they finally got me  >*<
Nice to hear from you!
Mark ;o)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 12:14:50 AM »

Ok code is added for next release. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TheMark38

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 09:18:32 AM »

Tuiceman.... you just ROCK buddy! Can't wait to see emailing in PCC!! If I could just set an email to my own SMTP server ( I did have that working in the email tester of X10Dispatcher, it has a nice email set-up page ) and have it fire off from my "AHP" door/window dummy module, that alone would mean PPC could fire an email from any standard AHP code ( On or Off ). I bet all kinds of folks on here would enjoy that in PCC! I did see where the AHP SDK was a bit of a bear picking up the DS7000 sensor codes, but we'll just let AHP flip on the dummy mod ah!?! Here's to ya!...  >!  >!  >!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:34:05 AM by TheMark38 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 12:46:41 PM »

I was hoping to get this out before I took off for a week but debugging takes a little longer now with all the options in PCC. ::) ;)
The emailing is very easy to setup all the info for emailing is already in PCC with the exception to sending Authentication or not.
It will use settings found in the "Emailing and log File uploading settings" tab of "Settings and options".
The actual trigger info is set in the triggers page.
Basically PCC will send any text file on your PC so you could send your X10log generated by PCC or Gramma's cherry pie recipe! ;) rofl
It sends the messages with the heading "PC Companion Alert Message"
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TheMark38

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »

Well if you're taking the week off, have a great time!  :)% In the mean time I'll have to go get PCC and start playing with it again. I had it a while back, but then I started playing with BVC and you KNOW how much fun that is ( Hey Bill  ::) ).
We just can't thank you enough for ALL your help on here!
Enjoy your week!  >!
Mark
***UPDATE***
Holy Cow, I found what was killing my emails!! Not AHP, not Windows7 64bit, not the X10gateway server,,,, but my Belkin router!!!
I did a Windows 7 test were I fired the email module in AHP while watching Win7 network traffic monitor and watched AHP send out the network traffic, then I went poking around in my router, all I could find wrong there was my time zone was off ( by a few thousand miles  rofl ), put the right time zone in, made sure I had the lastest firmware, and did a soft-reset. Next I monitored another network send with AHP and BOO-YAAAA my Iphone fired off with a secuirty alert ( I tell ya the sweetest little "ping" you ever heard!! ). Now why my Belkin was blocking AHP SMTP traffic, but letting everything else flow... well ya got me there folks ???
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:47:25 PM by TheMark38 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 07:36:07 PM »

Murphy comes to visit everyone at some point in time! rofl
Nice to hear you figured it out! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.