Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Issue with Version 3.228  (Read 11066 times)

DaveHancock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Issue with Version 3.228
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

I've got a problem with the "Error Getting X10 Interface" Message that seems to be a combination of a couple of recent threads.

Today I went to change the timings to delete my Christmas settings.  When I started Active Home Pro nothing happened.  Eventually (2-4 minutes) I would get the "Error Getting X10 Net Interface" error message, followed by the Windows "Active Home Professional has stopped working" message.

I followed the suggesstions on the "Error Getting X10 Interface" thread and installed Active Home Pro on another computer following Dan Lawarence's suggestions in the "Active Home Crashes 30 Seconds after starting" thread (load 3.204 then upgrade).  Worked fine.  So my interface is OK.

I then followed Dan's procedure on my main computer and used a different USB port.  Version 3.204 worked fine.  But, when I updated to 3.228 I ran into the same problem again.  Right now, I have gone back to 3.204.

I should add that I am using no micros, both computers run Vista (32 bit) and I used the same .ahx file on both computers.  Both computers also have 4GB RAMAlso, after starting Active Home, but before anything shows - the Task Manager shows it running (it just must be wondering off for awhile), then the Taskbar will show the A/H tab - but nothing is there.  Finally the Error Message shows up.

I also completely uninstalled Active Home Pro on my main computer and did a fresh install of 3.204.  Verified that that worked and (again) updated to 3.228.  Same crash even after the complete uninstall.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:29:52 PM by DaveHancock »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Issue with Version 3.228
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

Did you mean 3.228, there is no 3.238.  The last release is the buggy 3.236.  3.204 will only update to 3.228.  If both computers are running Vista, and one works and the other doesn't, there is something very strange going on.

With no plug-ins, Active Home Pro is usually happy with Vista.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DaveHancock

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

Yes, it was 3.228 (I just corrected the post).

I haven't had any problem with it till today.  The last time that I accessed it was 11/30/09 (to put the Christmas timings in).  No major computer changes (though I did add some Canon camera software - that also has been added to the computer that does work OK).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »

That's why I said "Very Strange".  If both PC's are the same, both should work exactly the same.  Is there possibly anything different with the one that is giving the problem?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DaveHancock

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

That's why I said "Very Strange".  If both PC's are the same, both should work exactly the same.  Is there possibly anything different with the one that is giving the problem?
I didn't mean to imply that they were exactly the same.  One (my so-called "main" computer) is a desktop with AMD processors, the other is a laptop with Intel Duo.  The things that are the same are RAM (2GB) and Vista (both updated to current revisions).  It is the desktop that I am having the problem with.  The desktop has more USB ports (has an extra USB board).  But, other than installing Canon software (that is also on the Laptop) there have been no changes (other than MS updates) to the desktop since Active Home Pro last worked (a month ago).

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »

When I initially installed AHP on my machine, I had issues with the machine seeing the CM15A correctly.  I don't recall if it was the same error or not, but I saw something that suggested taking the batteries out and connecting it.  Once connected and working, I re-installed the batteries and everything was peachy.  Haven't had a problem since.  My situation is different though since I am running XP Pro with AHP .236, but removing the batteries may reset the unit.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

DaveHancock

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:14 PM »

When I initially installed AHP on my machine, I had issues with the machine seeing the CM15A correctly.  I don't recall if it was the same error or not, but I saw something that suggested taking the batteries out and connecting it.  Once connected and working, I re-installed the batteries and everything was peachy.  Haven't had a problem since.  My situation is different though since I am running XP Pro with AHP .236, but removing the batteries may reset the unit.

Dan B.
I had removed the batteries per another suggestion.  Did not change things.  That's when I installed AHP on my laptop and tried it there.  Worked fine there.  Then I connected the CM15A to the desktop via a front panel USB (not using the extra USB card that I had installed).  Worked with 3.204 - not with 3.228.  That pretty much rules out CM15A/USB isssues.

DaveHancock

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »

I should add that I updated the X10 driver on the desktop - same driver on the laptop.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.