Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Universal Remote Code for Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR for Time Warner  (Read 24469 times)

Cheesenacho

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased the X10 wireless video sender and am struggling with the universal remote codes. I'm trying to control a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR cable box. I can't seem to get the right code, even through the search method.

I have one code that allows the cable box to turn on and off and I can get channel up and down, but I can't get control of the guide or the recordings in the DVR. Has anyone else come across this or have any suggestions that might help?

Thanks,

Jeff

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Universal Remote Code for Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR for Time Warner
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »

Is the remote in the kit a UR73A?
The only code in the list for Scientific Atlanta is 527. The basic control maybe all that remote supports; as it has no learing function. Where it could learn the original remotes commands.

The code list for the Icon remotes show seven code choices for Scientific Atlanta and they also have a learn from original remote feature.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:08:17 PM by Brian H »

Cheesenacho

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Universal Remote Code for Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR for Time Warner
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »

Yes, that is the remote control that I am trying to get to work with my SA Explorer.
Sounds like I may not be able to get this resolved easily...

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.