Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Returns to X10.  (Read 8532 times)

sk1pmcgee

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Returns to X10.
« on: January 09, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »

Has anyone ever returned something to X10...I want a refund for my package I ordered....will they give a refund....any ideas?Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Returns to X10.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »

Has anyone ever returned something to X10...I want a refund for my package I ordered....will they give a refund....any ideas?Thanks

Of course. X10 has been around for many many years. Like any mail order purchase... call them first and they will send you a return label/paperwork. If you ask them nice they might even pre-pay the postage.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

pcbeachrat

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:38:19 AM »

I'm sure they will..I'm returning mine tommorrow when it gets here..I no longer want mine.There has been some inner circle conflicts that make me not want mine as well as A mistake on their invoice they sent me.I want go no further with this subject..but x10 isn't for me to many whiners
Hmmm>>lets see....Whats fer supper, and Work is for people that don't know how to fish!! Not Original but it beats A blank!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »

..but x10 isn't for me to many whiners
Go to any Companys open forum If they have one and you'll find lots of whiners about their products as well.  rofl
The thing is if a user has no issues they never have to go looking fo answers.
And rarely do any go out of thier way to post! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »

I agree. A majority of happy users never post. In most forums, not just X10's.

rickwhoo

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

I just received my X10 wireless audeo/video sender and receiver and it does not work. I feel they should send me one that works with a return shipping label to return the defective part. They said I must first ship them the defective parts first. I only had it 1 day. This is not a good company. They do not stand behind the product.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »

Most companies do it that way or charge you for a replacement and then refund the second purchase when received back.

rickwhoo

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »

Only this company

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »

I just received my X10 wireless audeo/video sender and receiver and it does not work.

When you say "does not work"... you mean like it is off? No lights or picture or sound or anything. Is there anything we might be able to help you with?

This is a community forum. That is sorta what we do. We are X10 customers just like yourself (we don't work for X10). We voluntarily share with others what we have learned from our own experiences with X10. Some of the forum members even have considerable technical knowledge that they bring to the forum.

X10 has been around for some time. Other than their crappy Web Site... they are pretty nice people to deal with.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:01:43 PM by Dave_x10_L »

rickwhoo

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 05:51:47 PM »

The receiver only works with a coaxial cable. The TV I need it for has RCA connectors.

HA Dave

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »

The receiver only works with a coaxial cable. The TV I need it for has RCA connectors.

And I take it you've tried connecting the unit with the Red, White, and Yellow RCA connectors that came with it. And that you have double checked the connections to make sure the Yellow and White cables weren't confused (in poor lighting) on ether the TV or the video receiver. And that the proper audio/video input was selected from the TVs menu (some have more than one nowadays.

You could have a defective unit. Of course it will happen. But those (above) are the things I'd check (double check) first.

rickwhoo

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:59 PM »

Yes I have tried swapping the rca cables with both the receiver and the sender. The receiver will only work with the coaxial cable.

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »

Just a quick note:

Before I buy from any online vendor, I do my research.  I check out if they are legit.  I read up on their ordering, shipping, and return policy.  Once comfortable with them, I then proceed with the order.

The return policy for x10 is spelled out at the link below.  The terms for returns and credit/refund are very specific:
http://www.x10.com/support/faq_ordering.html#Detail%20for%20a%20return%20or%20exchange?

So, you technically, one can't fault x10 for their policy.  It is implied that one agrees with their terms when one does business with them.

It is similar to agreeing to the terms of joining a forum and then later disagreeing with the very same rules.

2 cents.

r,
eagle
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:49:40 PM by eagle »

rickwhoo

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

When buying from a legit company, you expect to get a product that works, not defective. I have never bought something online and have to return the defective part first. What happened to good customer service. And to have me pay to ship the defective one back was just crazy. I shoul get a working product for whay I payed for, not extra.

pcbeachrat

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 06:49:15 AM »

Well Rick I have a similiar situation,however, I did read the return policies prior to ordering, and did see I would have to pay to return defective merchandise, as well as A possible 15% restocking fee, but I didn't expect the chance would happen that I had too. I previously posted quite A few postings about being unsatisfied with their not shipping something that I paid for.I deleted them for it seemed I was being ganged up on by some of the die hard members here concerning the situation, and it seemed I really didn't have the right to voice my opinion on sloppy service according to one person here( I will stay away from individual names).My situation started out that before they shipped my products(2 orders) they sent me an itemized invoice of the products that were fixing to be shipped and a couple items were not on the list that I had ordered. Out of frustration I made A few postings here about it and was also accused A whiner, when In fact I believe the whiner was one of the die hard fans, that they were concerned that people may read my postings, and could care less that I wasn't going to get what I ordered and paid for.So I simply deleted my postings, and my view was they were the whiners, for it was I that was being denied to have sent what I paid for. I guess we all have our own views, but would just bet they would whine if they didn't get what they received.I even tried to post some positive things about x10 also looking at the "other side of the mirror".I did take screen shots of all the postings before deleting however and still have them. I TOTALLY AGREE THIS IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY!.I called customer support prior to my 2 orders being shipped(total of 148.00) and told them that my confirmed itemized list they sent was missing A couple of items, and they looked over their copies and told me the items I stated weren't on mine was on their itemized list and I would receive them.Lo and behold, I finally received my order and guess what? The order had missing items!!Well I can say the customer service was quite friendly when I called them, which I can't say from A couple die hard fans here( and one of the fans of x10 was friendly I must also state). I was missing an item that would not prevent me from hooking up the cameras and trying them out, so I did. These items are not worth the print they advertise on I tell you that.I installed my software(vanguard) prior to receiving the shipment just to get familair with the program, and the drivers to the items I purchased and now that I received them, i went to hooking them up and at first it wouldn't let me register to use the program, then finally after uninstalling the programs then reinstalling I finally got the  capture cable to be read, and went on about trying the items out..The registration number wouldn't take the first round, but got that fianl;ly going..After that I could get nothing else to properly function so just gave up on the junk..and I am computer literate, I felt rather even mess with x 10 anymore I would not sent the junk back and give them the satisfaction of getting a 15% restocking fee, or worse yet even deny that the items were not all sent.I just said heck with this company, posted the items that I did receive on Craigs list and sold the junk for half price.As I mentioned, I deleted alot of prior postings becuase in fact"one of the members was consistantly whining about people might see my postings in A private response to A e mail of mine, and I feel this will be my last posting, for  A certain member could care less that i was not up and running on x10 products than they were that someone might actually read this forum from time to time and not want x10 products..Imagine that, You get ran over and lose A leg and they are worried about the blood on their car bumper...Well I am through with x10 and "bit the bullet" and took A 75.00 dollar loss just not to hear any future"whining". You see Rick..It is useless in my opinion to try to figure things out by submitting your problems here in the forum and receive much help..as stated "this is my opinion"..As mentioned I did take screen shots of all of these postings and conversations in case I keep getting to dogged so I could actually send them to x10, to include the e mail. So this is about my last dealing here with this, and you will get nothing but ganged up on here if you even start to mention that some of the equipment is malfunctiong..Gawd forbid!!..

Therefore, in my final opinion, if anyone is reading this forum/post and thinking about purchasing these products, My sugestion is that I would not..I went to walmart and got A 39 dollar camera and receiver, hooked it right up and boom..right on the nose..I got A camera that actually works, and i took no verbal abuse, and indirect insults.True it does not do all the functions that x10 products are supposed to do, but it works!!!<<< :)% jumps up and starts clapping his hands!!I will have to purchase other products to get other functions I want to go along with the new camera from Walmart, but the camera is extremely clear, and easily hooked up, and guess what..if it malfunctions for A year..I simply take it back with no hassles, no one indirectly insulting me, no shipping costs and 15% restocking fee for them to restock and give to some other unsuspecting victim just because  they send them something that don't work, and then penalize us for thier junk.As Mentioned, I did read the return agreement and cannot argue that, but I just didn't expect to have to..I have ordered items online for 12 years and only had one other dispute out of everything I have ordered.I have had malfunctioning items before with another company, but they sent me A replacement first, then a slip so I could return the malfunctioned item "with no shipping fee or penalties", and sent the replacement one day shipping on top of that and they paid for it. Well, In my humble opinion...if someone is reading this and considering purchasing from here DON'T DO IT!The company will be extremely nice to you but I sure have A different opinion concerning SOME of the members..not all.
Hmmm>>lets see....Whats fer supper, and Work is for people that don't know how to fish!! Not Original but it beats A blank!!!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.