Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VCR Commander II how to use  (Read 8003 times)

jjsalobird

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VCR Commander II how to use
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

Hi,

Is anyone using VCR commander with PCC to turn on components that are NOT in the list?  In other words has anyone gotten it to work with learned codes.  Also, if anyone can further explain the device codes to me and how you would know what device code to use, I would appreciate it. B:(  Right now I have two of them and I just had them learn power, channel, tv on, input.  Between the two of them if I send codes via AHP, they do what I want, but it would be far easier to just use one, and have it do everything using PCC. Trying to get it working with a DirecTV DVR.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: VCR Commander II how to use
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »

Hi,

Is anyone using VCR commander with PCC to turn on components that are NOT in the list?  In other words has anyone gotten it to work with learned codes.  Also, if anyone can further explain the device codes to me and how you would know what device code to use, I would appreciate it. B:(  Right now I have two of them and I just had them learn power, channel, tv on, input.  Between the two of them if I send codes via AHP, they do what I want, but it would be far easier to just use one, and have it do everything using PCC. Trying to get it working with a DirecTV DVR.

As far as I know the UX23A has memory space for only two learned codes.   The other codes are fixed in the firmware tables.

When used per instructions for VCR Record and Stop, I believe the learned Stop signal is always automatically sent 5 minutes after the learned Record.    Have you waited long enough after sending your first learned code to see whether your second learned code is automatically transmitted?
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

jjsalobird

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »

Thanks, I got it to work using 2 vcr commanders (4 codes total can be sent).  Tried to use it with PC Companion triggers but my DVR is not supported  B:( by the old firmware inside the VCR Commander II.  What I really wanted was a way to control my entire entertainment system using X10 triggers, but I guess this won't work, with VCR commander and the currrent database of codes. :-[

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:01:32 AM »

Thanks, I got it to work using 2 vcr commanders (4 codes total can be sent).  Tried to use it with PC Companion triggers but my DVR is not supported  B:( by the old firmware inside the VCR Commander II.  What I really wanted was a way to control my entire entertainment system using X10 triggers, but I guess this won't work, with VCR commander and the currrent database of codes. :-[

There are 1000 sets of codes in the UX23A firmware.  One might work even if your DVR is not on the supported list.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

jjsalobird

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »

Don't think it will.  Directv DVR's never worked with X10 RF remotes that used the 3 digit codes, which is what VCR commander uses.  They added support for directv dvr when they added the 4 digit code remote. but the vcr commander II firmware was never updated to 4 digit codes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.