Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: My new software - RemoteWatch x10  (Read 73370 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
My new software - RemoteWatch x10
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »

I think my software is coming together nicely.  I have now given it a name, "RemoteWatch x10".  The software is for monitoring a home automation setup that primarily uses X10.  The software uses floor plan images of the house and displays the status of the modules set up in the system.  One non-X10 section to the program that I have been working on is a plugin to facilitate the control of my RCS TR-40 thermostat. 

Clicking on "House Status" in the upper menu will show you a sample of the floor plan view.  I do not have all the x10 modules installed that are shown in the floor plan view that you see, but over the next few months I hope to get most of them installed and running. 

Next, click on the "HVAC" link to see the RCS TR-40 status screen in action.  This screen is showing you the status of my home HVAC system running in real time. 

My next step is to write the user interface that will allow you to control all of your home automation devices with a simple login.  I also plan on integrating support for BlackBerrys and other smart phones for total control.  As soon as I get the user interface going I will post a link for downloading.  I am hoping to have it ready in the next couple days.

The software is written in PHP and uses MySql for back end storage.  In order to use the software you must install a web server and MySql server along with PHP 5.  The easiest way is to use the WAMP installer http://www.wampserver.com/en/ which installs and manages all 3 packages.

I welcome comments and criticisms.

Dan Bemowski.
PHP Web Scripting LLC.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:26:05 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
Re: My new software - RemoteWatch x10
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 03:25:32 AM »

I have made significant progress on the RemoteWatch x10 software.  Ran into a few snags on things but I should have them ironed out in the next couple days.  Once I iron out these bugs I will be putting a beta copy out on my website for download. 

I have created a page to upload your floor plan images for use in the system.  I have also implemented a script that will allow you to import your current AHP modules into RemoteWatch x10.  This simply grabs all the modules from the MyHome.ahx file which is nothing more than an XML file used by AHP to store it's data.  A sample of the import screen can be seen below.

Once your modules are imported, you can go to the "Place/Move Objects" screen and place your modules onto your floor plans.  Each module can be moved around the screen by simply dragging and dropping them where you want them.

Once your modules are placed, you can simply go to the "House Status screen" to view the status of your modules in real time.

Hopefully my next post will be to give you all the download link for the beta copy so some of you can test it out for me.

Ta for now

Dan Bemowski
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:27:00 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 03:34:53 AM »

Pardon the mess on the web page.  I'll have it cleaned up more in the next couple days. 

Anyways, here is the initial beta release of RemoteWatch x10 1.0.0 Beta http://www.phpwebscripting.com/phpwebsite/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=9&MMN_position=32:32

If you have any issues, feel free to let me know here.

Dan Bemowski
PHP Web Scripting LLC.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:27:42 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »

If you have downloaded the beta version of RemoteWatch x10, there was a file missed in the downloadable zip file for the RCS thermostat plugin.  If you were not using this you will not be affected.  If you were, you can re-download the file at http://www.phpwebscripting.com/phpwebsite/index.php?module=phatfile&FILE_MAN_OP=Main.

Dan B.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:28:07 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

jlp

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »

I proceeded to install the software and everything seems ok. I am not able to access via the Internet. What port used? 8088?
Imagination is the most powerful graphics card there is.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »

I just made a correction to the installation SQL file.  I forgot to add the SQL insert for the menu items and the initial object types.  For those of you who have downloaded the initial beta release, you can run the following SQL commands in phpmyadmin in any SQL query window.
Code: [Select]
-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Dumping data for table `menu`
--

INSERT INTO `menu` (`menu_id`, `menu_level`, `parent_id`, `menu_order`, `route`, `name`, `title`) VALUES
(1, 1, NULL, 0, 'index', 'Home', NULL),
(2, 1, NULL, 1, 'floorplan/index', 'House Status', 'Shows the status of the house'),
(5, 2, 2, 10, 'floorplan/options', 'Options', 'RemoteWatch x10 - Floor plan options'),
(6, 1, NULL, 3, 'hvac/index', 'HVAC', 'TR-40 Thermostat'),
(7, 2, 2, 4, 'floorplan/ahpImport', 'AHP Import ', 'Allows the user to import modules from ActiveHome Pro'),
(9, 2, 2, 2, 'floorplan/addFloorPlan', 'Add FLoor Plan', 'Add  a floor plan to the system'),
(10, 2, 2, 5, 'floorplan/placeModules', 'Place/Move Objects', 'Place your objects on your floor plan');

--
-- Dumping data for table `object_types`
--

INSERT INTO `object_types` (`id`, `grp`, `type`, `classname`, `image`, `width`, `height`) VALUES
(1, 1, 'Ceiling fan on', 'fan_on', './images/fan_on.gif', 60, 60),
(2, 1, 'Ceiling fan off', 'fan_off', './images/fan_off.gif', 60, 60),
(3, 2, 'Light fixture on', 'light_on', './images/bulb_on.png', 32, 32),
(4, 2, 'Light fixture off', 'light_off', './images/bulb_off.png', 32, 32),
(5, 3, 'Garage door open', 'garage_door_up', './images/garage_door_open.gif', 219, 127),
(6, 3, 'Garage door closed', 'garage_door_down', './images/garage_door_closed.gif', 219, 127),
(9, 5, 'Vent fan on', 'vent_fan_on', './images/vent_fan_on.gif', 20, 21),
(10, 5, 'Vent fan off', 'vent_fan_off', './images/vent_fan_off.gif', 20, 21),
(11, 6, 'Vent fan light on', 'vent_fan_light_on', './images/vent_fan_light_on.gif', 20, 11),
(12, 6, 'Vent fan light off', 'vent_fan_light_off', './images/vent_fan_light_off.gif', 20, 11),
(13, 7, 'Table lamp on', 'table_lamp_on', './images/table_lamp_on.png', 40, 40),
(14, 7, 'Table lamp off', 'table_lamp_off', './images/table_lamp_off.png', 40, 40);

I proceeded to install the software and everything seems ok. I am not able to access via the Internet. What port used? 8088?

The problem may partially be  with the missing table data listed above.  Add the above information to the database first. Once you do that, check on your home automation computer that you are running this from and see if you can access it through "http://localhost/".  If you can access the software from the machine directly, your problem may be a port forwarding issue with your home router.  Your router needs to be able to forward the web traffic to your HA computer.  This is done through a web port on your router.  I used port 8088 on my setup, but technically you can use any port number you like.  The readme.html file in the install folder gives some web links on how to set up port forwarding on your router.  The WampServer on your HA computer runs on port 80, so you will typically forward traffic from your WAN on port 8088 (or whatever port you choose) to your LAN IP of your HA computer on port 80.

If these steps do not fix your issue let me know.

The 1.1.0 beta release should be going up on the site possibly later today.  The new release includes the following updates

- User logins including the ability to create user accounts from the root account 
 - The ability to restrict certain menu items based on the logged in user
 - The ability to import ahx files other than the default MyHome.ahx

Dan
Dan Bemowski

jlp

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »

I have this message:

Error
SQL query:

--
--
INSERT INTO `menu` ( `menu_id` , `menu_level` , `parent_id` , `menu_order` , `route` , `name` , `title` )
VALUES ( 1, 1, NULL , 0, 'index', 'Home', NULL ) , ( 2, 1, NULL , 1, 'floorplan/index', 'House Status', 'Shows the status of the house' ) , ( 5, 2, 2, 10, 'floorplan/options', 'Options', 'RemoteWatch x10 - Floor plan options' ) , ( 6, 1, NULL , 3, 'hvac/index', 'HVAC', 'TR-40 Thermostat' ) , ( 7, 2, 2, 4, 'floorplan/ahpImport', 'AHP Import ', 'Allows the user to import modules from ActiveHome Pro' ) , ( 9, 2, 2, 2, 'floorplan/addFloorPlan', 'Add FLoor Plan', 'Add  a floor plan to the system' ) , ( 10, 2, 2, 5, 'floorplan/placeModules', 'Place/Move Objects', 'Place your objects on your floor plan' ) ;

MySQL said: 

#1046 - No database selected

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »

My appologies, when you go into phpmyadmin, select the ha_server database on the left first.  Then run the query again.

Dan
Dan Bemowski

jlp

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 05:35:07 PM »

I have the same message.

SQL query:

--
--
INSERT INTO `menu` ( `menu_id` , `menu_level` , `parent_id` , `menu_order` , `route` , `name` , `title` )
VALUES ( 1, 1, NULL , 0, 'index', 'Home', NULL ) , ( 2, 1, NULL , 1, 'floorplan/index', 'House Status', 'Shows the status of the house' ) , ( 5, 2, 2, 10, 'floorplan/options', 'Options', 'RemoteWatch x10 - Floor plan options' ) , ( 6, 1, NULL , 3, 'hvac/index', 'HVAC', 'TR-40 Thermostat' ) , ( 7, 2, 2, 4, 'floorplan/ahpImport', 'AHP Import ', 'Allows the user to import modules from ActiveHome Pro' ) , ( 9, 2, 2, 2, 'floorplan/addFloorPlan', 'Add FLoor Plan', 'Add  a floor plan to the system' ) , ( 10, 2, 2, 5, 'floorplan/placeModules', 'Place/Move Objects', 'Place your objects on your floor plan' ) ;

MySQL said: 

#1046 - No database selected

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »

1 - Did you run the SQL file that is in the install folder?  If not, copy and paste that into the SQL window first. 
2 - Do you have the ha_server database listed in the left pane?  If step 1 was successful, you should see ha_server in the left dropdown under Database.

If you have done both of these steps, we'll have to force it. At the top of the query text that you are pasting in there, copy and paste this line.  If you type it in, notice that those are back tics, not single quotes.

USE `ha_server`;

I plan on adding a regular installer for this in the future, but I haven't gotten around to building it yet as I am focusing on setting up the other options right now.  That's pretty much why it is in beta stage right now.

Hope that helps

Dan
Dan Bemowski

jlp

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »

Thank you for your help.

1. I run the SQL file that is in the install folder

2. Ha_server I have the database listed in the left pane. I checked as required.

Here's what I did.

1. I checked the ha_server

2. I pasted the SQL command code in the SQL query window. I pressed GO.

The problem is perhaps 18 inches behind the screen (me).

It may be preferable to wait the new version and try again.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »

I am still working on a few things on the next release, but I hope to have it up at the absolute latest Sunday, but depending how tonight goes I may even have it up tonight.

Thanks for being patient and working out the bugs with me.

Dan
Dan Bemowski

jlp

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »

I think this will be an excellent program. Take the time to do things

Thank you very much to share with other users.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

Well, the wait is over...

The new RemoteWatch x10 1.1.0 public beta release is out. http://www.phpwebscripting.com/phpwebsite/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=9&MMN_position=32:32

I have created an installer which will unpack all the necessary files and create the database structure for you.  If you have any problems pleas let me know and I will get them resolved as soon as possible.  I hope you all like the software and I welcome any comments or criticisms.

If anyone has any requests for features not listed in the documentation, feel free to post here or PM me.

Dan Bemowski
PHP Web Scripting LLC.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:29:21 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »

UPDATE:

I have released version 1.1.1 Beta. 

In this version, I have changed the way the information is displayed when hovering over an object.

This box will move with the mouse as you hover over the object.  If you click on the object, the box will snap to that object and stay stationery.  If you have the correct permissions, you can then click on the box to toggle that object on or off.  At this time this only issues a sendplc command.  In a future release, I will add the ability to set what type of command (sendplc or sendrf) should be issued when a module/object is toggled. I will most likely do this through AHP Import. 

Also in a later release, I  will also have the option to choose a color for the hover box for each object.  These will look like this:

This will allow you to possibly group objects by type (light, fan, appliance, etc...) , by room, or just by random to give your look some color.

As always, I welcome any comments or criticisms.

Dan Bemowski
PHP Web Scripting,  LLC.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:59:14 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.