Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: My new software - RemoteWatch x10  (Read 73364 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: My new software - RemoteWatch x10
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 03:37:36 AM »

Appologies : I must extend my appologies to anyone who has had trouble with any of the initial releases of the RemoteWatch x10 software. I apparently did not do enough initial testing of the install of the system, and in working with jlp through PMs I realized the dificulties that people would have getting this set up and working (Many thanks jlp). I have since created an installer script that performs the web server software install and all configurations necessary for this to work. It then installs the software along with the needed database entries to get you up and running.

From here on out, any installs labeled rw_x10_X_X_Xb_full will include the full package install including WampServer 2.0 and all necessary database entries. Entries labeled rw_x10_X_X_Xb_upd will be update files and database entries for those of you that have previously run any of the full install packages. I will attempt to include a _full and an _upd install package for all major revision releases. For bug fix and minor revision releases, I will only include an _upd install, so if you are installing for the first time you will need to obtain the latest _full release and then install the latest _upd release.

Once again, accept my appologies and I hope you enjoy the software.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 11:39:38 PM »

The next bug fix release is out.  If you have not already downloaded and installed the full version 1.1.1 install, you need to do that before installing the 1.1.2 bug fix patch.
http://www.phpwebscripting.com/phpwebsite/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=9&MMN_position=32:32

Enjoy

Dan
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:30:42 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

randy.andrade

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »

So, I'm having a little bit of trouble with RemoteWatch x10. I have it installed on my HA PC, and I want it to work, BADLY. I'd love to be able to access the interface via my mobile phone or any other internet connection, to check in on things from wherever, whenever. I ran the installer, and applied the 5.2.9-2 patch, and applied the RemoteWatch 1.1.2 update, as well.

This is all running on a Windows Server 2003 x86 machine, which is a domain member, and is running AHP 3.236.

If I use the WAMP menu to switch to PHP 5.2.9-2, then nothing at all works. I get the following error just trying to initially connect:

-----
Warning: require_once(DB.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\model\_db.class.php  on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\model\_db.class.php on line 3
-----

If I switch it back to PHP 5.2.8, it works ok, until I try to import modules from AHP. After I upload a floorplan, I get this error when I try to import from the AHP file:

-----
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in C:\wamp\www\modules\floorplan\controller\floorplanController.php  on line 422
-----

Not sure why, but hopefully the errors will mean something to you. I'm not sure why the first error is showing the path "C:\php5\pear". There definitely is no such directory on my system. PHP seems to be installed in c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.8\pear (or php5.2.9-2\pear, respectively), instead. I might try editing the path in the _db.class.php to redirect the path to the right place, and I'll post back if I have any further luck with that change.

randy

EDIT:

After modifying the _db.class.php to call c:\wamp\bin\php\includes\pear\db.php, instead of just db.php, I get +no+ error message output, nor do I get the remotewatch screen. Just FYI.

x.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:00:03 AM by randy.andrade »

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »

Randy,

Hopefully in the next week I should be done with the next release of the software.  I have been busy with some other things lately and haven't had a chance to do much with the programming.  The new release will include a significantly smaller size to the download package and a much cleaner install package.  I have been trying out an embedded web server and database package that will eliminate the need for the very large wampserver package that I have included with the current version.

Thanks for being patient.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 02:18:59 PM »

Well, I have done a lot of work trying to find a way to slim down the code for this.  The older versions used the freely distributable  WampServer 2 package which contained way more than was needed for the software to run.  I have now found a distributable PHP/MySQL embedded server package that is compact and fits the bill. 

The new full release version 1.2.0 Beta of RemoteWatch X10 has been packaged with a package management software recommended to me by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com).  This has made for a much better installer for the program.  Many thanks Bill.

I have cleaned up the existing code a bit to better work with the new embedded server.  I have also added the ability to manually add additional objects to the list for times when you have a module that controls more than one device.  For example if you have a light switch that controls 4 lights, you can clone the original module object into 3 more lights to show proper lighting placement on your floor plan view.  When the switch is turned on, the floor plan view will show all 4 lights as being on.  I have done some work on the HVAC monitor portion of the software and included a batch file to set up the MSCOMM object needed to run this.  Currently only RCS RS232/485 controlled thermostat control modules are supported.

One other thing to note is that the old setups of the software ran the web server on port 80.  The new version runs on port 8080, so if you had your router configured for one of the old versions pointing your router to your HA PC on port 80, you will need to update this. 

If you have any problems with the software, you can post your concerns here or email me at the address listed in the readme file of the software.

Hope you enjoy the software and I hope to have more improvements for you in the not too distant future.

Dan Bemowski
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:31:17 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

randy.andrade

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »

Dan,

the download link on the page just points to the 1.1.1 full download. Maybe update / post a direct link?

x.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »

Sorry about that Randy, the link has been updated.

Dan
Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 05:59:18 PM »

The new release of the software is now up on the website.  I had noticed after releasing the last version that there were occasional crashes in the web server which was an embedded version of the Mongoose web server.  In the new release, I have gone back to using Apache.  It is a slimmed down version , but has proven more reliable.  I have also added a system tray launcher for administering many parts of the program.

The new version also has major changes in the HVAC section for controlling the RCS TR40 thermostat.  It now has near full control of the thermostat allowing you to change modes and control hot and cold set points, all from the web.  The only option I have not integrated is the menu settings which are very complex.

Hope you all enjoy the new release.

Dan Bemowski
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:31:45 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

mbettez

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 03:33:16 PM »

I installed the software today and really like having the house layout.  I have a few problems.

-Remove floor plan does not work
-Modules do not stay in place after clicking done, they go right back to the top

Now for a few suggestions.
-an option to be able to click directly on a light to turn it on and off
-ability to have the layout with no other menus
-ability to dim lights

I plan on using this on a tablet pc to control my house.  So far it works except for the few problems I mentioned.  Keep up the good work!

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »

I installed the software today and really like having the house layout.  I have a few problems.

-Remove floor plan does not work
-Modules do not stay in place after clicking done, they go right back to the top
What web browser are you using?  I have tested the Place/Move Objects in Internet Explorer and Firefox and cannot duplicate the issue.  Which ever browser you are using it in, try the other.  Unfortunately I have not tried other browsers with this, so the only ones I can give feedback on would be IE and Firefox.

I do see however that something is broken in the remove floorplans page and will get that fixed today and post an update on the website.

Now for a few suggestions.
-an option to be able to click directly on a light to turn it on and off
I'll see what I can do about this request.  I am guessing that you want the ability to disable the bubble popups.  I wouldn't think that should bee too hard.  I will just have to add something in the options to either use the bubble popups or simple click control.  I can see where this would be handy on a touch screen which I currently do not have, but would like to get.

-ability to have the layout with no other menus
I do like the idea of the layout with no other menus.  Kind of a full screen view. You would probably then want to use the browsers F11 full screen view with this also.  I would probably add a small button at the top corner to enable or disable the full screen view.  I will probably only add this to the House Status/floorplan view.

-ability to dim lights
I have not yet looked into dimming but I do plan on it.  I just need to figure out some kind of slider control for it.  This may be a bit of work to incorporate with the simple click control for turning lights on and off as mentioned above, but I will see what I can figure out.

I plan on using this on a tablet pc to control my house.  So far it works except for the few problems I mentioned.  Keep up the good work!
Something else I will be adding is the ability to disable the HVAC menu items for those that do not have an RCS thermostat.  I also want to incorporate some other thermostats for the HVAC setup, but that will be hard since the only one I have in place to test is the RCS.

If you or anyone else have suggestions for other object images to add to the software, I am open to suggestions on that as I currently only have a basic set of objects like a few different types of lights, ceiling fan, and a garage door status showing open or closed.

Glad you like the software.
Dan Bemowski

mbettez

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 07:17:20 PM »

I tried this on my Nokia N800 tablet and it's a no go for now.  I can click the icons and the switch window pops up but I can't toggle the switch plus the switch is tiny and not switchable with a finger.  Once you change it to allow direct control of the modules by clicking the icon I'd love to try it again.  I am using IE 8.  I'll try a different browser to see if it'll allow placement of the icons.  Also, is it possible to change the RemoteWatch X10 logo on the top of the page.  This takes up 1/4 of the screen on the touchpad.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »

In order to toggle the switch, you need to be logged in.  If you are not it will not toggle.  You don't have to hit the little switch icon, you can touch anywhere in the bubble box and it should toggle.   I will still work on the option to disable the bubble box though so you can click directly on the icon.

Once I incorporate the full screen view, you will be able to hide the green logo bar and just have your floorplan view.  This will hide the RemoteWatch X10 logo. 

I think if you try this with firefox it should work.  Internet explorer has always been a pain to code for.   But I do have IE 8 on my HA PC and had it working in there.  One thing to check is that you are not in compatibility view.  Click on tools and make sure there is not a check next to it.  Lastly, make sure you have javascript enabled.  The system uses javascript to place the objects. 

I'll post here as soon as I get a new update ready.

Dan Bemowski

streetp

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 08:30:15 PM »

Looks like a wonderful program, however, I'm struggling a little - I've imported my floorplans, then it asks me to import my ahx file, i point to it and click import - the screen immediately goes back to the use the form below to select the Active Home Pro file.......

I've tried this using Firefox and IE but both with the same problems. Any ideas?

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »

Looks like a wonderful program, however, I'm struggling a little - I've imported my floorplans, then it asks me to import my ahx file, i point to it and click import - the screen immediately goes back to the use the form below to select the Active Home Pro file.......

I've tried this using Firefox and IE but both with the same problems. Any ideas?

The system should look for your MyHome.ahx file under "C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro\" first.  Do you have a MyHome.ahx file?  If not, then you will need to import a different .ahx file.  I did confirm however that there was a problem with the importing of other .ahx files as you described.  I am in the process of putting together an update release of the software that will fix this issue and add some features suggested by mbettez.

mbettez was asking about the ability to dim lights.  I am still researching how to best do this and probably won't have that feature ready for this release.

This release of the software will include:

Program fixes:
 - Fix the import of .ahx files other than the standard MyHome.ahx file.
 - Fix the remove floorplans section of the Add FLoor Plans page.

New Features:
 - Adding the ability to select a full screen view of the house status screen for tablet computer users.
 - Adding the option to select weather or not the bubble switches are used for turning modules on and off.  If the bubbles are off, you will only need to click on the modules image icon to toggle it on or off.

I was hoping to have the new release done a little sooner, but I ran into some programming snags that held it up.  I hope to have the new release done by tomorrow night sometime.

Thanks for being patient.

Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 10:34:55 PM »

For those interested, the new RemoteWatch X10 version 1.2.2 Beta has been posted on the website for download. I made all the previously listed fixes and also fixed a problem I found with uploading floor plans that I found when I was doing some testing of the new features.

Full screen mode is only available on the house status view for now.  I will modify this if someone shows a need for it elsewhere.  To enter and exit full screen mode, look for the and images in the upper right corner of the house status view page.  This hides the banner and menu giving you ONLY the floor plan view.  A helpful hint for tablet users is to also use the browsers full screen mode to get the maximum viewable area.  You must exit RemoteWatch X10's full screen view in order to navigate and perform other functions, however you do not need to exit the browsers full screen view.

I also re-tested the Place/Move Objects section and still cannot duplicate previously described issues of objects not staying placed after clicking DONE.  If people have issues with this, please let me know what browser and version you are using.  Also let me know if you are using things such as compatibility mode view or other add-ons that may affect this.

As always, I hope you enjoy the software and get good use out of it.  I am curious to hear responses from those using it with tablet PCs.  I am thinking of getting one and want to know how well it works.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:32:49 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.