Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10  (Read 143509 times)

thepackfan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:05 PM »

Hey, I love the way this works. my phone controls x10 great.

I was wondering are there generic ip commands i could send to the server via http to control lights? I',m trying to set up irule.

remote7

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2011, 12:44:37 PM »

To the author of autom8 - THIS IS VERY VERY COOL!  THANK YOU.    #:)

It works great over wifi, haven't tried it over 3G yet, and now I'm motivated to extend the range of my cm15a.

One question for anyone who's figured this out, how do you reorder the devices on an Android 2.2?  Currently my devices are listed b1, b10, b11, b12, b2, b3....

I've tried putting a space between "b" and "11" to fix the sort order, but the server won't control the module then.

Again, this is very slick stuff and the author has my thanks.  Don't need a users guide, but I'd love to know how to reorder the devices, and/or how to create my own customizable user interface.  Perhaps to "park" some rarely used house/unit codes off to the bottom of the list.

Been using x10 for 20 years, AHP for 5+ years, using WIFI for one month, Verizon MIFI 2200 for 2 weeks, and an Android phone for 5 days.  I'm certainly in a state of techno-overload, but d*mn, we can't be far from setting timers and macros on our droids.

Peace.

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »

To the author of autom8 - THIS IS VERY VERY COOL!  THANK YOU.    #:)

It works great over wifi, haven't tried it over 3G yet, and now I'm motivated to extend the range of my cm15a.

One question for anyone who's figured this out, how do you reorder the devices on an Android 2.2?  Currently my devices are listed b1, b10, b11, b12, b2, b3....

I've tried putting a space between "b" and "11" to fix the sort order, but the server won't control the module then.

Again, this is very slick stuff and the author has my thanks.  Don't need a users guide, but I'd love to know how to reorder the devices, and/or how to create my own customizable user interface.  Perhaps to "park" some rarely used house/unit codes off to the bottom of the list.

Been using x10 for 20 years, AHP for 5+ years, using WIFI for one month, Verizon MIFI 2200 for 2 weeks, and an Android phone for 5 days.  I'm certainly in a state of techno-overload, but d*mn, we can't be far from setting timers and macros on our droids.

Peace.

With tasker support (http://tasker.dinglisch.net/) we could do location based or timed events.  I use a profile that checks my cell towers, if im near my home towers it will then check if my wifi is near.  It will then switch to my wifi and switch my radio to 2g. 

The possibilities are endless and very exciting!

LanceC

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »

I am trying to run the  autom8 server program  on a Windows Home Server machine. It works fine when I am logged in. I then tried to add it as a service

I've never used Windows Home Server, so I don't know what this means exactly. Cursory research suggests I may need to implement some sort of special "AddIn" layer to support WHS properly. Can you just ask the autom8 client to start when you log in? The easiest way to do this is adding a shortcut to autom8 in the Start Menu > Startup directory. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/hwandprograms/autorun.mspx
Hi _avatar.  Thanks for such a great program.

What we would like is for the autom8 server to run even when no user is logged in.  There are third-party utilities (like FireDaemon) that allow us to install any program as a windows service.

The problem with autom8 is that it runs in the context of the logged-on user by storing necessary files in the user profile.  That means if no user is logged in then autom8 can't run.  The fix for this is simple.  Store the necessary files in program directory (C:\Program Files\AutoM8) instead of the user directory where they are now (C:\Users\&USERNAME&\AppData\Roaming\autom8).

fubaya

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2011, 11:53:17 PM »

With tasker support (http://tasker.dinglisch.net/) we could do location based or timed events.  I use a profile that checks my cell towers, if im near my home towers it will then check if my wifi is near.  It will then switch to my wifi and switch my radio to 2g. 

The possibilities are endless and very exciting!

Have you been using Tasker with X10? I've been using it for months but am new to X10. I've been thinking about opening a Tasker thread, I've made an imitation X10 app to control my lights with Tasker, but all my stuff is linux specific and I'm not sure many people would use them together.

EDIT: nevermind, that was a dumb question. I see you were talking about Tasker integration with this app. Sorry, I hadn't read the whole thread, I just clicked it because it was Android related.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:03:31 AM by fubaya »

LanceC

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2011, 09:37:32 AM »

Okay, I successfully got AutoM8 to run as a service in Windows 7.

I used FireDaemon, which allows you to run any Windows program as a service.

The trick was to give the service your user credentials so it could run in your context even when you're not logged in.

beasle

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

Does anybody know how to put all lights on/off on autom8
thanks

mad212

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 01:49:06 PM »

no, only one at a time.

aussie mate

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »

just set up a dummy module called All lights OFF,
Then set a macro to run from that module turning all lights off.

Billaban

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »

Very cool.   #:)

Had it up and running in under 10 minutes.  Created dummy macros to control multiple devices.  Tested and works like a charm.  Good stuff.

I see an assortment of uses for this.

Kudos to the autom8 creator.

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »

I see an assortment of uses for this

+1

Been trying this out. ( wife heard in background saying "WHERE IS MY PHONE") 

:'

Considering an Android Tablet. I would like to have control and see my cam's.

Any thoughts?

oneadvent

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

Can we get the source for the client and server side? I noticed that you had not addressed this in the faq, though you did say it was free to use.

Source would let us tweak it slightly to our liking.

Thanks for the answer, either way.

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »

i got this mostly working on my phone. Was wondering if someone could help me with the security sensors.
I have the sensor trigger a dummy module and it causes the phone to say ALERT for that sensor, the problem i am having is i have a macro trigger the off command when the sensor is shut, but it doesnt seem to reset the alert on the phone. I guess i am doing something wrong but i dont know what that is .

Also on the dummy module if i just switch it on and off in ahp, it still only sends alert for on, still doesnt reset with the off command.

this occurs both over wifi and 4g network. the other lights seem to turn on when pushed on the screen of the phone but then the phone just sits there with a rotating circle in place of the on and off words and never updates either. I can only change the state of the light from what it was when i signed on 1 time.  So if it is on i can shut it off, but then nothing else because the status never changes.

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »

Well after watching the youtube video on the autom8 program and security sensors, it looks like you have to manually reset the alarm on the phone once a sensor is breeched. I probably should have watched the video before posting the post before this one. :'

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »

trying to get atom8 to work but my phone tells me that it is unable to connect to the server.  any ideas on what Im missing.  I have entered the port, ip address and password the same on both the server and the client.  any ideas whats up  :' any help would be appreciated.

I am also looking to try x10 commander does anyone have a link to the download?   :'

Thanks

Kenrad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.