Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10  (Read 143550 times)

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »

http://portforward.com/ should be able to walk you through your setup!

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »

was going to start a new thread but thought i would try here first.

I am currently using the autom8 program and really like its features. My question is this. I am wondering if there is a light switch like the current ws's that also sends a rf signal or one that alerts AHP to a change in status.

Right now i have a ws in the hallway that is controlled by a motion sensor so it turns on and off because the kids always forget to shut it off. When the motion sensor sends the signal the status changes in AHP to on or off and this change causes it to change on the screen of my smart phone letting me know at anytime whether the lights are on or off. But in other parts of the house with same switches, if i manually turn on the lights via the switch it never changes status in AHP thus it doesnt let me know if lights are on or off. 

I guess i could use a wired in module and then install the (light switch with the remote control attached to it mod.) which by the way works great just dont have any wired in modules and looking for alternatives. So anyone know a wallswitch that updates status via local control.

mad212

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »

Maybe you could try using some macro's and flags?  I did this so that I could arm and disarm the alarm with autom8.  I have a two dummy appliance modules that switch on and off via flag conditions. So if i arm with the home remote or key chain, they turn on the dummy module and set a flag. If i turn off that dummy module in autom8 it will disarm the alarm, or the reverse.  I think you could try the same method to get the flags set properly.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2011, 10:54:19 PM »

The x10 modules and switches don't report local status I have heard that some of the levitron ones do, I was going to start looking in to this in the near future.  Ahp will only update with rf and not from local control with standard x10 ws?? style switches. Even the pro models don't update locally.

KenRAD >!

kenrad

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2011, 10:57:05 PM »

I still dont think that the macros will work for local control.  Ahp doesn't see teh on or off signals when using local control.  Maybe some of the senior members will jump in with some ideas

Kenrad >!

FMinMI

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »

I am currently using the autom8 program and really like its features.

I too like the program but can only get the appliance modules to work. If I select a lamp module, I get a spinning icon but it never changes nor turns on the light. I thought a slider would appear to set the level but it doesn't. Do light modules work for you? I have both an Droid X and a Tab Galaxy running Android 2.2. I did try to change it from a lamp to an appliance but that did not work...

Has anyone got lights to work?

Thanks.

Frank

kenrad

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »

Yes I have had the lights working for over a year now.  But I changed to x10 commander from melloware because of as you stated that there is no dim control.  now I use autom8 for my security modules and x10 commander for the rest of my appliances and lights.  I found that having pcc and x10 relayer helped with this as well becuase x10 relayer can resend the recieved codes to other computers on hte network.  most of the issues that I found when setting this up were related to my firewall and portforwarding.  and them blocking the signal

>! KenRad

joefran

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2011, 03:35:15 PM »

Has any figured out how to get the security sensors to report to Autom8 on a adroid? According to his web site you have to send a powline command. 

Need some help
Joe

mad212

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »

Yes I have had the lights working for over a year now.  But I changed to x10 commander from melloware because of as you stated that there is no dim control.  now I use autom8 for my security modules and x10 commander for the rest of my appliances and lights.  I found that having pcc and x10 relayer helped with this as well becuase x10 relayer can resend the recieved codes to other computers on hte network.  most of the issues that I found when setting this up were related to my firewall and portforwarding.  and them blocking the signal

>! KenRad

If you long press on the light module it will pop up a slider for brightness control.

Blaze85

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »

Just fixed the duplicate notification sound/vibrate bug and posted 0.2.2 to the website. Thanks for reporting this.

Note you will only need to reinstall the Android client (v0.2.2), the server was unchanged.

Any chance this works with CM19?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »

According to the home page NO!
However since this uses the AHP SDK it maybe possible for it to work limited.
Since the CM19 is a RF only interface the software will be limited by that.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Blaze85

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »

According to the home page NO!
However since this uses the AHP SDK it maybe possible for it to work limited.
Since the CM19 is a RF only interface the software will be limited by that.
 >!

If this app worked that well I would consider buying a CM15a. However, I can't seem to find one to buy. Does X10 sell them still? Or anywhere for that matter?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »

If this app worked that well I would consider buying a CM15a. However, I can't seem to find one to buy. Does X10 sell them still? Or anywhere for that matter?
http://www.activehomepro.com/activehome-pro.html
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Blaze85

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »

http://www.activehomepro.com/activehome-pro.html
 >!

O I guess i didn't notice that it was the CM15a there. Only issue with that is, I already own AHP and don't really want to spend the additional money for it. All I need is the actual CM15A hardware.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »

The bare AHP software is basicaly free with the hardware.
However contact customer support and see if they will sell it separeate at a reduced cost!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.