Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why a new version of AHP is needed - NOW!!!  (Read 12618 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Why a new version of AHP is needed - NOW!!!
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:42:49 PM »

Been reading about problems with LM465 modules with Soft Start and currently in AHP the work around for Soft Start modules is to use the LM14A module in AHP.   X10 also needs to assign new part numbers for Soft Start modules and not use the same ones for older modules. 

AHP needs to be updated to handle Soft Start modules properly, not rely on a work-around using a discontinued module.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Why a new version of AHP is needed - NOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »

Yes a new version of AHP is way overdue.

One more kink. I just got a few soft start lamp modules and they act differently than a soft start lamp modules from about a year ago.
Latest ones from an Off condition will brighten slowly with a bright command. Older one from an Off go to full On with the first bright command.
Also latest ones seem to have addressed the soft start messing up a Security Console flashing a light module. Send an on off cycle at about one second to the latest one and it flashes like the original Lamp Modules that are not Soft Start. All Lights On and All Units Off also do a rapid on off with the latest revision.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:05:05 PM by Brian H »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »

X10 also needs to assign new part numbers for Soft Start modules and not use the same ones for older modules. 

I hate the fact that I don't know what module will do what... or how it might react. What should I do... mark all the Original softstarts with an "O".. and the current softstarts as "O2"?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:28 PM »

X10 also needs to assign new part numbers for Soft Start modules and not use the same ones for older modules. 

I hate the fact that I don't know what module will do what... or how it might react. What should I do... mark all the Original softstarts with an "O".. and the current softstarts as "O2"?

Good idea!!  :)% :)%    Let's see if (1) the suits at X10 read this (or the Forums they pay to run) and (2) if they think it's a good idea.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:45:30 AM »

Why not label them "LM465A" then the next version "LM465B" and so on...  That's what Radio Shack did.  Some times they even added the "B", "C", "D" in little single-letter stickers, if the boxes and labels were already printed pre-production.

It wasn't pretty, but at least you knew if your module was different.   :D
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:52:29 AM »

Would have been nice to have a version sticker on them. As I have seen two different soft start version's plus the original one.

X10 is not alone in this. In the Logitech forums the latest Z5500 speakers controller was modified to meet the new EU power saving standard. Well the control pod is now different physically and operationally. No indication of a change is on the box and older manuals where still in the box and didn't match the present items.  ::)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »

What it did was to mark any "Soft Start" LM465 with a "SS" in indelible ink.  I have 19 assorted lamp modules from 5 different "makers" and only 2 if them are  "Soft Start".  But any new ones you buy from X10 or Automated Outlet or any other seller will most certainly be "Soft Start".

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »

What it did was to mark any "Soft Start" LM465 with a "SS" in indelible ink. 

I got one of the new Soft Start lamp modules... [part of a deal] and also used a sharpie to make an "SS" on its back.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.