Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: E5 on causes C6 off??  (Read 14780 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: E5 on causes C6 off??
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 06:22:05 AM »

Where else can you find a magnetic reed switch for a mere $1??

I snag mine from old junk laptops from work.  Doesn't cost me a dime.  ;D  But I agree, you can't beat it for a buck.  #:)  Another place to look for cool electronics and parts is goodwill.  People throw away the darndest things and they get sold C H E A P.  >!

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »

Where else can you find a magnetic reed switch for a mere $1??

I snag mine from old junk laptops from work.  Doesn't cost me a dime.  ;D  But I agree, you can't beat it for a buck.  #:)  Another place to look for cool electronics and parts is goodwill.  People throw away the darndest things and they get sold C H E A P.  >!

Dan B.
O-o-o-h, I'm listening. But where do they use reed switches in a laptop? Top open/closed sensor?
Speaking of people throwing stuff away. About five years ago Bose had a bad run of 5 volt regulators in their Wave Radio's. The current rating was marginal and a lot of regulators lasted until well after the warranty. Many owners just tossed/donated them when they went .  I read several internet postings about electronic hobbyists picking them up for a song and having a $300 Wave Radio for the cost of a 7805 at Radio Shark. I keep checking Goodwill.... :'

Sorry about stealing this thread, but I thing the E5 - C6 thing has been solved anyway.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 11:52:28 PM »

O-o-o-h, I'm listening. But where do they use reed switches in a laptop? Top open/closed sensor?
Speaking of people throwing stuff away. About five years ago Bose had a bad run of 5 volt regulators in their Wave Radio's. The current rating was marginal and a lot of regulators lasted until well after the warranty. Many owners just tossed/donated them when they went .  I read several internet postings about electronic hobbyists picking them up for a song and having a $300 Wave Radio for the cost of a 7805 at Radio Shark. I keep checking Goodwill.... :'

Sorry about stealing this thread, but I thing the E5 - C6 thing has been solved anyway.

The reed switches I am getting are out of Apple iBook laptops.  The do hapen to be for the open/closed sensor.  In some models, mostly the 14 inch models, the reed switch is in the LCD panel casing.  On the 12 inch models it is under the top plastic. 

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.