Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Delay after motion is detected on MS16A  (Read 9054 times)

mariusb57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Delay after motion is detected on MS16A
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:20:31 AM »

Is there any possibility, hardware or software , to change down (I mean less than one minutes) the delay after motion is detected before an OFF code is transmitted ? Thank you .

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Delay after motion is detected on MS16A
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:35:45 AM »

Not at the motion sensor level, 1 minute is minimum delay of no motion before an OFF is sent.

You could do it through an AHP macro. Macro is triggered by the MS ON and macro supplies a required OFF, then ignore the subsequent OFF from the MS.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

mariusb57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »

OK ! I want to turn on the light in my dressing when I go in, and light to stay lit as long as there is movement .  At 30 seconds after I leave the room, I want to stop light. How can I do this with an AHP macro ? How can I use "delay" as a condition not as a result of conditions ? Thank You . -:)

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »

OK ! I want to turn on the light in my dressing when I go in, and light to stay lit as long as there is movement .  At 30 seconds after I leave the room, I want to stop light. How can I do this with an AHP macro ? How can I use "delay" as a condition not as a result of conditions ? Thank You . -:)
This isn't what you originally ask. You originally wanted a delay less than 60 seconds from an X10 motion sensor. 

I would have set up macro triggered by the motion sensor ON to turn ON a target on different House Code, Unit Code. Then the desired X seconds later,  the macro sends an OFF to the target. Based on your original request, the Motion Sensors OFF signal could be ignored. Can't do that in your second request.

I use Homeseer 2, not AHP and think in terms of how I would do it in Homeseer then mentally port to the drag-n-drop of AHP macro wizard. So I gotta chew on this for a bit. I'll be back, but in mean time if any of you AHP users/experts want to jump in....

The thought I have is: the light would normally turn OFF about 60 seconds after all motion stops in the bedroom. You are going to a lot of trouble to cut that by a mere 30 seconds.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:34:59 PM by dave w »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »

OK, I tried thinking outside the box on this on drive home, and it boils down to: based on your requirements and the 30 second constraint, I don't think you can get there from here. Only way (I can think of) of getting close, is to use two more MS on either side of door jam to detect you leaving room (and not another person entering). As far as your second question...don't think you can. AHP has no way or knowing the MS is in delay. At best, it could only wait 30 seconds after the last ON signal and turn the light OFF. But that doesn't guarantee you left the room, only that you have made no major movements for 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:45:46 PM by dave w »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.