Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LM15A module controlled via?  (Read 4019 times)

TJohns

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
LM15A module controlled via?
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »

I didn't think my situation was that unique, but since I can't find a solution I'm beginning to think it is.
Basically the light fixture on my ceiling doesn't have a switch to control it.  I do have two light switches on the wall, but neither of them control the light.  What I want to do is plug in 3 x LM15A's and have them be controlled via a powered switch that fits into a decora wall plate.  I know I can control them via a SS13A, but I would rather not have something powered by a battery.  Would any other switch work for me since I don't have a line from the switch to the light?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: LM15A module controlled via?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

X10Pro makes a wall switch looking controller. The base transmitter can have a few different style keypads mounted on it. In different configurations.
XPT-1 Base with single button keypad
XPT-4 Base with four button keypad
XPT-2D Base with two buttons and dimmer function.
They would need a Line and Neutral in the switch box to power the controller.

TJohns

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »

That base is exactly what I'm looking for.  Are there any other keypad options?  All I need is a single switch, just hoping there are more options than just the XPT-1 (but it will do if that's it).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:26:04 AM »

You can find the X10Pro catalog and instructions on their web site.
www.x10pro.com

Also this is a sales page from one of many vendors that sell the X10Pro line showing a few different style keypads.
http://www.thehomeautomationstore.com/x10proinwallkeypads.html
There are many dealers and I just randomly chose one that had a list.
I noticed on the list a mention of older and newer; style base and keypads. If you buy separate keypads and a base. From what I have seen the new and old are not interchangeable, new with new or old with old.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:11:19 AM by Brian H »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »

Leviton also makes X10 transmitters that look like a standard Decora rocker switch:

HCC10-1SW Leviton 1-address wall-mount Decora controller (White)

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

TJohns

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 02:57:34 PM »

Ended up buying the XPT-1 Base with single button keypad and it worked perfectly for a few years.  It lasted until '16 and I bought a replacement which lasted until just this week.

Are there any other options that have surfaced in the past 8 years?  Would something like the WS13A or WS467 work, or are those designed for a different purpose?
I can't find the Leviton X10 switch that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Still using the LM15A socket rockets.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »

The Leviton keypads are the same as the XPT keypads from X10 but Leviton dropped them long ago.  The older Insteon keypads were X10 compatible but the newer ones are not.  Your best bet is probably another replacement (Amazon still sells them).  I have some that have been working reliably for 10+ years.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 11:58:30 PM »

As pointed out. The older Insteon devices can support an X10 address added to them.
The power line only 2476S and Icon 2876S both can be programmed with an X10 address.
With them. You connect Line and Neutral. Cap off the Red load.

The 2466S six button KeypadLinc can also have an X10 address added to the buttons.

You may still find them on eBay but probably not new.

If you wanted dimmers that would be a different thing. They used a different X10 protocol. %Dim for dimming that an X10 module does not understand.

TJohns

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 03:04:44 AM »

The Leviton keypads are the same as the XPT keypads from X10 but Leviton dropped them long ago.  The older Insteon keypads were X10 compatible but the newer ones are not.  Your best bet is probably another replacement (Amazon still sells them).  I have some that have been working reliably for 10+ years.

Thank you.  Ordered a replacement from Amazon.  Was just hoping something new had come along in the last 8 years that looked a little closer to a light switch than the XPT rocker.  (And, no, I don't need dimming)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.