Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Door / Windows Sensor  (Read 1855 times)

g33k499

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Door / Windows Sensor
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »

I’m having an issue with 2 of my Door/Window Sensors.  I have macros that notify me when any of my Door/Window Sensors are triggered. The issue is the one for my back door will trigger at random. 

When I took at my Activity Monitor, it shows “BackDoor – Motion Detected”.   However it shows “FrontDoor – Sensor Triggered” when I open or Close my front door.

When I setup the device on my AHP software, I used the DS10A module under Security.  The Door/Window Sensor is set to “min” and the macro is set to “Sensor Trigger”.  I Replaced the Sensor on my back door with an extra one I had and I still have the same issue.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas or if anyone has seen this issue before.   I’m almost thinking that I have two bad Door/Window sensors, have some strange interference, or maybe I have some newer or older model sensors that require
A different module to work properly.

Rev Michael D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Big Rev D Productions
Re: Door / Windows Sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:17:48 PM »

I had this same situation just the other day with the sensor on my kitchen window. What I did was removed the magnetic portion of the sensor and reinstalled the magnetic sensor. For some reason the sensor would trigger the Protector plus and AHP would show sensor triggered when ever I touched the wires. After uninstalling and reinstalling the magnetic parts to the wires, I have not had any more issues with that sensor.
Reverend Michael A Davis

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.