Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Error Getting X10Net Interface  (Read 101146 times)

jamesjr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Error Getting X10Net Interface
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »

Brian,
      Its an S type. When i turn it on with the button on the unit itself i can turn it off via AHP everytime....but i can almost never turn it on...I bought the XTBM to trouble shot but then i had the .XML problem and then went on holidays for two weeks....so I am just getting back on it...first i have to reprogram it all though..

Tuicemen  - My windows is XP Prof SP3

jamesjr

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »

AHP is working but...now i can't see the CM15A.....I loaded the x10drivers_rf_all.exe and it did not help..but it did give me an error when trying to install the HID file...what does that do?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:08:21 PM by jamesjr »

jamesjr

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »

OK, i got the CM15A to come alive with a battery reset...I cleared the memory and then when i went to upload timers and macros...boom..... i got the error "AHP has encountered a problem and needs to close"......so now when i open AHP it just sits there...and to close it i had to kill in Task Manager.....I will replace the .XML file again but jjjeeezzzz this is ridiculous...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 07:32:56 AM »

I too had issues with the HID driver so I went to device manager and uninstalled the HID driver. Windows 7 auto update then updated and fixed it .
For XP a uninstall of both the cm15a driver and the Hid driver may be needed before you reinstall AHP.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jamesjr

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »

Tuicemen,
       The CM15A is part of the AHP install correct? Or can i get just the CM15A and the HID drivers somewhere? I think i got it working but i am not sure if the HID fixed itself or not...can i tell somehow? or should i remove and do a windows update as you suggest? 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »

If you go to device manager you can see if the CM15a and HID connections are working correctly.
If there is a exclamation mark next to them there is a issue.
Both of these get installed with a AHP install.
However if these are already in windows windows sees that it already has the latest driver and doesn't update.
You need to uninstall the driver so windows will reinstall the driver when you install AHP. ::)
Windows 7 has X10 drivers XP doesn't so a windows update won't work for you!
Hope that helps!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jamesjr

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

Tuciemen,
     I checked the device manager and they are both labeled x10 and do not have the question mark...so i guess all is good.....Any word back from the X10 dudes on my file? Could they reproduce the issue?

I used an "old style" lamp module option to pick a non-diming switch for my 2486 (2846?) Insteon switch and it seems to be working!!! :)%.......but the timer i have set does not...... rofl, I  have it set to come on at dusk, today that was 5:25 PM, i watched the seconds tick down and the switch did not flick to on.....about 20 seconds after 5:25 i clicked it myself and i heard my wife yell..."ON".....so it seems to get the signal but now the timer is not working.....I need to read more threads on timer/dusk/dawn problems...good thing its the weekend and i can stay up late......I was under the impression that it was best to set a flag for dusk/dawn tasks......Yes? No? Any tips?

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »

Tuciemen,
     I checked the device manager and they are both labeled x10 and do not have the question mark...so i guess all is good.....Any word back from the X10 dudes on my file? Could they reproduce the issue?

I used an "old style" lamp module option to pick a non-diming switch for my 2486 (2846?) Insteon switch and it seems to be working!!! :)%.......but the timer i have set does not...... rofl, I  have it set to come on at dusk, today that was 5:25 PM, i watched the seconds tick down and the switch did not flick to on.....about 20 seconds after 5:25 i clicked it myself and i heard my wife yell..."ON".....so it seems to get the signal but now the timer is not working.....I need to read more threads on timer/dusk/dawn problems...good thing its the weekend and i can stay up late......I was under the impression that it was best to set a flag for dusk/dawn tasks......Yes? No? Any tips?

Thanks

Did the timer work before 3.305?  Try deleting the timer and rebuilding it.  3.305 seems to not like imported timers from an older .ahx file.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jamesjr

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »

Don,
    No its a new timer....I figured out today that AHP does click the switch its just ~50 seconds late.....but even though the switch on the screen clicks to on the light does not come on. But if i click the switch with the mouse the light does come on.

- the time on the CM15 looks to be the same as on my PC, why would the timer be behind by 50 seconds?
 - Is the code that the timer sends different than the code that gets sent when i click with a mouse?

I guess i can use my XTBM to sort that out......

jamesjr

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »

Now and AHP mouse click does not work the switch anymore...But i am getting x9.75, f120 and n0.0 on the xtbm.....to me this should be more than enough signal to get the switch to come on....

Noam - what Module are you using for your 2486 switches? Are all of yours the D (dimmer) The one i have is the "S" model.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »

Noam - what Module are you using for your 2486 switches? Are all of yours the D (dimmer) The one i have is the "S" model.

I don't have any 2486 switches.

jamesjr

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »

Sorry Noam, I assumed you did when you said in a previous post on this thread that you had a "bunch of smart home switches".....which units are you using?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »

Sorry Noam, I assumed you did when you said in a previous post on this thread that you had a "bunch of smart home switches".....which units are you using?

I have:
4 of the 2466S, defined as "Flourescent Decorator Switch"
2 of the 2476S, defined as "Flourescent Decorator Switch"
2 of the 23896, defined as "old style (non-softstart) Lamp Modules" (although I could have defined them as non-SoftStart Wall Switches, I guess)
1 of the 23893, defined as "Flourescent Decorator Switch"

jamesjr

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »

Do any of them seem to create there own noise as measured with an XTBM?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »

Do any of them seem to create there own noise as measured with an XTBM?

I don't have an XTBM, so I can't answer that one. Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.